Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Problems Maybe

white/mr2gtt

just bought myself a white mr2 turbo in december n its been giving me hassel. just got it back from the garage yesterday after having the engine out n a new piston put in and all new rings and all the valves re-set. got it all under waranty tho. its going alot better now but i just dont feel like the turbo is going right it doesnt kick u back like i think it should. the standard boost gauge goes right up but it sometimes doesn,t move till it hits 5000rpm, i can hear the turbo going but i cant feel much. i have to run it in still so i havn,t really had a chance to c what kinda 0-60 time im kickin out yet.

my car does not dump when sitting still and givigit a rev n the boost gauge doesnt move is that normal or not?

i need some infomation from other mr2 turbo owners to c how my car should run

Don't rely on the stock boost gauge... it's good for nothing, apart from filling the hole the volt meter would have left from the NA!

Get yourself a proper boost gauge and plumb it in... but don't do anything until you've properly run it in. The last thing you want is it letting go. You do want to do anything to invalidate the warranty on the work.

If I was you, I'd raise your concern with the garage just so they have note of it from early on. If it develops into nothing, and all works out fine, so be it. If, however, 6 months down the line it starts playing up even worse and you hadn't mentioned it at all, you'll probably have less chance of getting anything done about it. They'll blame it on something else.

Just my humble opinion.

Good luck.

:thumbsup:

i agree with running it in to the letter of the instructions just to be cautious and....

it might not throw you back into the seat like you expect but it might well be doing what it spose to. might sound funny but a passenger will be able to tell you if its throwing them back into the seat better than youll notice it....

mine doesnt feel like its throwin me back into the seat too hard even during serious boostage but my passengers assure me they can feel it quite well lol imo its the tension we have when drivin that shores us up from the movements experienced by passengers who are most likely more relaxed.

hope ur tubby is well :thumbsup:

Don't rely on the stock boost gauge... it's good for nothing, apart from filling the hole the volt meter would have left from the NA!

Get yourself a proper boost gauge and plumb it in... but don't do anything until you've properly run it in. The last thing you want is it letting go. You do want to do anything to invalidate the warranty on the work.

If I was you, I'd raise your concern with the garage just so they have note of it from early on. If it develops into nothing, and all works out fine, so be it. If, however, 6 months down the line it starts playing up even worse and you hadn't mentioned it at all, you'll probably have less chance of getting anything done about it. They'll blame it on something else.

Just my humble opinion.

Good luck.

:thumbsup:

yeah i am gonna b getting a proper gauge once the warrentys out gonna b doing alot more to, i have told them about it already tho they say its no problem i just wanted to make sure. cant wait to get her run in again n give her a good blast. any thots on dumping when in neutral though? cheers

i agree with running it in to the letter of the instructions just to be cautious and....

it might not throw you back into the seat like you expect but it might well be doing what it spose to. might sound funny but a passenger will be able to tell you if its throwing them back into the seat better than youll notice it....

mine doesnt feel like its throwin me back into the seat too hard even during serious boostage but my passengers assure me they can feel it quite well lol imo its the tension we have when drivin that shores us up from the movements experienced by passengers who are most likely more relaxed.

hope ur tubby is well :thumbsup:

i,ll have to try giving one of my mates a shot in a couple of weeks to c how it feels. i had a shot of my mates 04 wrx n it had some kick off it n thats when i thot mayb somthin was wrong with mine but his is riding on standard suspension n iv got bilstien shocks n springs so that r solid as hell so that mayb had somethin to do with the kick feelin

I don't think it dumps when you sit and rev it. I never reved mine that hard when stood but it only seemed to dump on the stock valve when driving. I'm sure someone here can explain why.

Joe

When just revving the car, it's not really under enough load to dump like it would when running.

You can hear it louder when you rev harder (i.e. up to 6k) but why bother???

When just revving the car, it's not really under enough load to dump like it would when running.

You can hear it louder when you rev harder (i.e. up to 6k) but why bother???

i only noticed it cause in my mates scoob he was reving it to bout four thousand revs n it was dumping the same as if your r moving just found it a bit strange that mine didnt n when im at crail or that when most turbo cars r sittin on the line reving a bit you hear it dump. i guess all cars just have different set ups i found my mates evo doesnt really do it either

I don't think it dumps when you sit and rev it. I never reved mine that hard when stood but it only seemed to dump on the stock valve when driving. I'm sure someone here can explain why.

Joe

cheers just wanted to make sure that was a normal thing

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links