Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Clutch

sanecrazy

Hi there

I just bought a 1995 M reg Mr2 non turbo but it needs a new clutch. Can anyone give advise as to what clutch i need to buy? Also should i let the garage buy and fit the clutch for me or should i get it my self? I saw one on fensport for £92. Does anyone know a good place to go and get a clutch fitted in Derbyshire and also how much should i be looking to pay? Derby clutch center quoted me £280 for clutch and fitting.

Cheers.

:>

£280 including clutch and fitting is a steal, considering it's a 3-3.5 hour job... but it depends if they're going to charge you extras on top... i.e. release bearing (worth replacing), fork (if showing signs of wear worth replacing), gearbox/centreshaft seal (if they screw it up when taking the centreshaft out), gearbox oil (about 2.5 litres)... also depends on what clutch they're supplying. Is it an OEM Toyota part?

Make sure she's bone dry afterwards as well... don't accept it if it's leaking around the gearbox/centreshaft seal.

Garages don't like replacing the seals as they can only be bought in a gearbox overhaul kit for around £60... and they don't always take the centreshaft out level, as it takes more time to dismantle the car to do it... they try and save time and bend the centreshaft downwards to get it out. Only problem is, it can damage the seal.

Good luck. :thumbsup:

so what can i do or say to protect my car when i take it im scared when i take it to someone they might be cowboys and do sumit bad to me new baby. What kind of things can i say to make these guys think ! hey this guys no chump we better do a good job ! Does anyone know someone trust worthy in Derbyshire?

By the way what is OEM?

(Quote) they don't always take the centreshaft out level (unquote) -------- What does that mean in dummy talk???

OEM - original equipment manufacturer - i.e From Toyota.

If the shaft is in a hole with a rubber seal around it. Some garages drop the engine slightly to make the job quicker and as the shaft is now at an angle it can damage other bits .. it needs to be moved sraight out to be 100%.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links