Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hey Mr2 Owners!

hoho15

hey im thinking about buying a mr2

can any one give me any guidance on which rev to get, any problems, and price range?

hope this makes some sense hoho

iv driven mk1 and mk2.

if i was u i'll get the mk1. its way more fun. but it'll be very difficult to get one in good condition as they tend to have a lot of rust being such an old car. usually under arches is the worst.

mk2 is also good though, dont get me wrong but i prefer the old ones. but if u prefer the mk 2, its got to be the t-bar as it looks the dogs.

load of info in the stickies.

mk1 - old, buzzy, guttless, absolute hoot on country lanes.

mk2 - newer, turbo have a lot of potential, bit soft, more of a cruiser

mk3 - new, guttless, but a proper drop top and a good drive.

As you ask for the "Rev" I'd guess you are going mk2. Have a look in the stickie threads for a load of info ;)

Depends on your money Hoho...

If you get a mint condition one... any rev will do... (you going turbo or n/a?)

rev1 was the most basic.. and as you may guess, the higher up the revs the more stuff they added on :P

I love my rev2 tho... more power than the 3SFE rev1 but not as expensive as a rev3... :P

i want a mk2 i think i can get about 3k for my corolla, and i was thinking a rev 3 onwords dont know much about the revs like they looks the same 2 me lol ^_^

well my rev2 was 2850... and that was considered a reasonable price for a good one... you will probably have to put a bit of extra cash along with that for a good rev3 hon...

hoho... iv checked ur profile and ur 19 this year right??

mr2 mk2 insurance group starts from16 i think... do u think u'll be able to insure it?? well unless u have deep pockets that it.

im 21 this year and wanted to get ek4. insurance group 15 and no place will even consider giving me a quote... :crybaby:

any way...if u'v got the money and they'll quote u...go for it i say.

my mate whos 18 also got a quote for 1, 1050with his mam 9 yrs NCB

which i dont think is bad concidering what it is

hoho... iv checked ur profile and ur 19 this year right??

mr2 mk2 insurance group starts from16 i think... do u think u'll be able to insure it?? well unless u have deep pockets that it.

im 21 this year and wanted to get ek4. insurance group 15 and no place will even consider giving me a quote... :crybaby:

any way...if u'v got the money and they'll quote u...go for it i say.

alright mate u tried elephant im 21 n iv got a fully kitted mr2 tubo rev3 all mods insured im not saying im cheep to insure it 1500 but i dont think thats bad plus i have 0 no claims bonus. give it a go c what happens

1500!

im inusred with elephant, age22, all mods declaired.... 400quid!

mk1 - old, buzzy, guttless, absolute hoot on country lanes.

mk2 - newer, turbo have a lot of potential, bit soft, more of a cruiser

mk3 - new, guttless, but a proper drop top and a good drive.

good anology... mk1 supercharger adds fun to the stakes aswell

Elephant wouldnt touch me... could be my 6 points lol :rolleyes:

Tho Im with Churchill for my rev2 NA... age 24, 2 years ncb and its £650... (tho no mods allowed with them til im 25... no biggie... anything I have asked about so far hasnt consituted a mod to them yet... )

Seems far too cheap Rob! That fully comp? I was with elephant age 24 fully comp and it was over a grand for limited mileage!

Joe

fully comp, 5 years NCB, all mods declaired, milage at 10,000

well ill let you in on the truth, ive got there loyalty discount, because ive been with them for over 3 years, never had to claim, always been a good lad etc etc...

they insured my yaris fully comp for £200 aswell! going to limit the milage on the 2 to around 5,000 miles aswell as itll be only a toy from now on :) should knock a few quid off aswell

plus ive got curtesy, tow, delivery and recover and unlimited windscreen replacement protection on both cars

ive learnt a lesson that 'shopping round' for insurance is toss, just bite the bullet and stick with the same one for a few years and it does you massive favours :D

sorry 6 years NCB, just phoned them and dropped millage to 5,000... saved 50 quid, and then got full european breakdown and recovery for 72quid :D

happy happy happy :D

sorry 6 years NCB, just phoned them and dropped millage to 5,000... saved 50 quid, and then got full european breakdown and recovery for 72quid :D

well 1500 pound isnt to bad for 0 no claims and i just moved to them no other company was near them i think the next chepest was near 3000. you must live in a very low crime area! how can u have 6 years no claims if ur 22

You must be very friendly with those Elephant girls! ;)

Joe

i have a rev 1 turbo and paid 1500 quid for it. :D at the time the engine was mint and it had been painted in that crap 2 stage pearl white. i intended to get it painted but a slight confrontation with a few trees had set my mind on putting it back to white which it is now. oh and a new quarter, wing bonnet, strut hub the list is endless. :crybaby: my advice is if you buy one treat it with respect otherwise it'll bite you in the ****.

rev1 was the most basic.. and as you may guess, the higher up the revs the more stuff they added on :P

Not true there...

I have a rev1 turbo and it's got all the toys. Difference between revisions are some slight cosmetic changes and rev3 > is a different turbo, injectors, shocks etc.

People say go for a rev3 but tbh my rev1 was only putting out 20bhp less than an equally modded rev3. Not that much difference (or not that you would really notice). As long as it hasn't got rev1 wheels/suspension, you should be fine.

Hoho ....

But if you go modding crazy it doesn't really matter what you buy. If you've got the money, there's no limit. Also seeing as this is probably your first RWD turbo car?? ..... I would say go for a decent rev1 car with at least 15" wheels and lowered suspension.... No point in spending extra money on a rev3... you might end up bashing the thing!!....

Not true there...

I have a rev1 turbo and it's got all the toys. Difference between revisions are some slight cosmetic changes and rev3 > is a different turbo, injectors, shocks etc.

People say go for a rev3 but tbh my rev1 was only putting out 20bhp less than an equally modded rev3. Not that much difference (or not that you would really notice). As long as it hasn't got rev1 wheels/suspension, you should be fine.

Hoho ....

But if you go modding crazy it doesn't really matter what you buy. If you've got the money, there's no limit. Also seeing as this is probably your first RWD turbo car?? ..... I would say go for a decent rev1 car with at least 15" wheels and lowered suspension.... No point in spending extra money on a rev3... you might end up bashing the thing!!....

Don't want to get a Rev1/2 vs Rev3 slagging match going but most stock rev1/2 now will be lucky to be putting out anywhere near 220Bhp......... more likely to be around the 200 mark if your lucky. Where as the stock Rev3+ nearly always give the quoted horse power figures 245 ish sometimes slighly more........

Also not to mention the CT26 not being able to hold boost to the red line......... Unlike the CT20 on the rev3+'s.........

Also dont know where you get that for the same mods one both a rev1/2 and rev3+ there will only be 20Bhp difference....... :rolleyes:

For less then £300(downpipe and MBC) on a rev3+ you can have 270ish Bhp........ Dont think you'll get anywhere near 250Bhp on a rev1/2 with them mods

I

Not true there...

Hoho ....

Also dont know where you get that for the same mods one both a rev1/2 and rev3+ there will only be 20Bhp difference....... :rolleyes:

Well I have a rev1 and Pizza boy had a rev3. Same engine modifications and there was only 20ish bhp between the two cars. Both had Dastek Unichips fitted and fully mapped. Maybe I was just lucky and had a decent rev1??

My car is putting out 280bhp where Pizza boys was just over 300bhp.

Also my car before the unichip with boost increased and downpipe, zorst, induction kit was putting out 260bhp. (got charts to prove both above claims)

So that's where I got that from.... :P

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links