Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Lpg Gas Conversion

Wales1

Welome to the forum Wales1 :)

An interesting question, if any one has done it, I'd like to know how they are getting on?

Thanks for the welcome jon, I have been trying to find out if it is possible. I have seen one GX for sale as a bi-fuel LPG and spoken to my local Autogas converter who had not done a Rav4 and was worried about the exhaust valve and thought he would have to replace the petrol tank with a smaller one to make room for the LPG tank. I hope to hear from someone soon.

An interesting question, if any one has done it, I'd like to know how they are getting on?

:)

Just found http://www.prinslpgnetwork.com/ online. They give a quide price of £1500 +VAT for a 4 cylinder car. If you want a tank conversion it's an extra £300 on selected 4x4's. They have an enquiries page too if you have any questions.

Thanks for the welcome jon, I have been trying to find out if it is possible. I have seen one GX for sale as a bi-fuel LPG and spoken to my local Autogas converter who had not done a Rav4 and was worried about the exhaust valve and thought he would have to replace the petrol tank with a smaller one to make room for the LPG tank. I hope to hear from someone soon.

Hi there

Has anybody converted their RAV4 petrol to LPG?

Thanks in advance

Wales1

Thanks Jon

They look quite promising, I will enquire and let you know how I get on. It would take about 2 years to get the investment back but after that you could save about £1000 a year at current petrol/LPG prices, which would be very good!

Cheers

Iain

Just found http://www.prinslpgnetwork.com/ online. They give a quide price of £1500 +VAT for a 4 cylinder car. If you want a tank conversion it's an extra £300 on selected 4x4's. They have an enquiries page too if you have any questions.

• 1 month later...

as i understand it, they do not make a special tank for the RAV4 as it's a complex shape (straddling the prop shaft) and as there's not much room to put it underneath, the only place left is in the boot, which is why you don't see many LPG converted RAV4's.

(i'm refering to the original RAV4 5dr, but i would guess the same is true of the later incarnations).

(i was after an LPG RAV4 but couldn't find one so ended up buying an normal petrol one.)

cheers, ahab

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links