Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Planning To Buy An Aygo - Pictures Wanted!

MagnusLundstedt

I have read this forum for circa one year without an account and now I finally took the time to register. I have been searching for a new car since last summer, mostly because the fuel prices are killing me, but also because my current car has cost 1300 euros in reparations last year.. :(

After a few months of searching I found the perfect car - the Toyota Aygo. It meets my needs of a small and cheap city-car. I have done a testdrive of it twice and find it very nice to drive, I have also read every review I could find and all forum posts on the different Toyota forums regarding this car.. While I would have prefered the new Toyota Yaris if they where the same price, the current price difference makes the Aygo an easy choice. At the moment it is only possible to "rent" the Aygo here in sweden (see www.aygo.se for the annoying local flash site), an offer I find not economic, I want to pay cash and not get tied up in contracts, etc. However starting 1 May it will be possible to buy it here, which I will do. I will go for the 5 door manual version with AC, etc.

This far I have only found two bad things that makes this car not "perfect":

1) Horrible audio system, even if you opt for the "high end" stuff (however this is fixable and I plan to put down a few hundred euros on a upgrade, more on that in another post)

2) Limited color choice

The new Toyota Yaris has a really nice color option that I saw in my local Toyota shop - the dark metallic black/purple/blue which was supernice! Why Toyota couldn´t have made some intresting color options avaliable for the Aygo is beyond me. I would easily pay up to 1000 euros more for the perfect color. Color is important when you spend a lot of money on a brand new car.

With the current color options I am swaying between the satin silver and carbon quartz. Here I would really like some input from you guys that already own the car - and most of all some photos. The images on Toyotas webpage is quite bad since they have a "fake" feeling, I want real images. :) What I would like to see the most is interior images of the different colors. Since the paint is visible inside on the doors, I believe it have an impact on the feeling of the car when you are in it. I imagine the darker carbon quartz results in a better feeling than the colder silver paint?

So, if someone here have some images of the interior, any color, it it would be really nice if you cold post them in this thread!

Thanks!

I have read this forum for circa one year without an account and now I finally took the time to register. I have been searching for a new car since last summer, mostly because the fuel prices are killing me, but also because my current car has cost 1300 euros in reparations last year.. :(

After a few months of searching I found the perfect car - the Toyota Aygo. It meets my needs of a small and cheap city-car. I have done a testdrive of it twice and find it very nice to drive, I have also read every review I could find and all forum posts on the different Toyota forums regarding this car.. While I would have prefered the new Toyota Yaris if they where the same price, the current price difference makes the Aygo an easy choice. At the moment it is only possible to "rent" the Aygo here in sweden (see www.aygo.se for the annoying local flash site), an offer I find not economic, I want to pay cash and not get tied up in contracts, etc. However starting 1 May it will be possible to buy it here, which I will do. I will go for the 5 door manual version with AC, etc.

This far I have only found two bad things that makes this car not "perfect":

1) Horrible audio system, even if you opt for the "high end" stuff (however this is fixable and I plan to put down a few hundred euros on a upgrade, more on that in another post)

2) Limited color choice

The new Toyota Yaris has a really nice color option that I saw in my local Toyota shop - the dark metallic black/purple/blue which was supernice! Why Toyota couldn´t have made some intresting color options avaliable for the Aygo is beyond me. I would easily pay up to 1000 euros more for the perfect color. Color is important when you spend a lot of money on a brand new car.

With the current color options I am swaying between the satin silver and carbon quartz. Here I would really like some input from you guys that already own the car - and most of all some photos. The images on Toyotas webpage is quite bad since they have a "fake" feeling, I want real images. :) What I would like to see the most is interior images of the different colors. Since the paint is visible inside on the doors, I believe it have an impact on the feeling of the car when you are in it. I imagine the darker carbon quartz results in a better feeling than the colder silver paint?

So, if someone here have some images of the interior, any color, it it would be really nice if you cold post them in this thread!

Thanks!

Do you have Citroen C1s/Peugeot 107s in Sweden I guess not from looking at manufacturers website :angry: they have more colours

Here's a pic of a yellow one anyhow with mucky rubber mats :rolleyes: I wanted a white one but n/a in UK. :(

DSC00022.jpg

Think the red toyota looks best, raggyroller on here has one, took some nice pics of it too, (red also means less money is in Mr T's pocket :thumbsup: and more in yours or more money for Speakers :rolleyes:

If you go to toyota.co.uk do a used car search for a red aygo, you'll get dealer pics of interior and exterior, guess that goes for any colour too. Good luck :thumbsup: .

Oo.. That carbon quartz interior is nice. I do no like the red or yellow interior as much since they are strong colors. The red looks nice on the outside though!

Would be nice if someone has images of satin silver, both from outside and inside. Cant find any images of the satin silver aygo. :( The satin silver image on toyotas website looks fake or photoshopped, I prefer "amateur" images.

There's a member on here who had ordered a Satin Silver Aygo, perhaps they'll get some up soon?

The Satin Silver is a new addition to the Aygo colour here in England :thumbsup:

This has been posted before but here is a 'snag' list for the Aygo -

you might want to just go to a dealer and check these things out to check they won't disappoint you too much. Not saying don't buy - just pointing out niggles that owners who have lived with the car a while have noted:

1. Hazard warning lights / rear demist button don't light up

2. Only 1 boot strut

3. Interior light not switched on passenger door

4. No temp gauge

5. Rattly A Pillar plastic

6. Cheap looking gear knob (easily change circa £17 or so)

7. No boot light

8. Rear glass boot hatch lock sometimes doesn't unlock

9. Rear wiper slow and ineffective

Thanks for the list! I have seen this list in several other posts during the months I have been following this forum albeit in smaller size. All the good things with this car, such as the low fuel consumption, low insurance, low CO2 taxes, etc really outshines the bad sides IMOHO. It is also quite nice to drive and the seats are comfortable.

I will buy my car in may 2006, at that time the car has been in production almost one year (or more?) Maybe toyota has released info on some kind of update of the Aygo then, such as the next year-model of aygo. At that time, if it is known that they have fixed any of these problems, I might wait with the purchase until I can get the newer model.

Anyways, I have testdriven the car twice now and while that is not enough to know if the items on this list are really annoying this is my view at the moment:

1. Hazard warning lights / rear demist button don't light up

That does not seem to be a big problem. The "glowing" plastic on the dashboard seem to give off some ambient light? However I have not tested the car at nigt so I have no idea how annoying it would be.

2. Only 1 boot strut

That is a bit cheap. What would it cost for toyota to have two? 25 euros?

3. Interior light not switched on passenger door

Also cheap, but how often is the passenger door used at the same time as the driver door is not?

4. No temp gauge

Never had use for one. I bet there is a warning indicator though if the temperature is too high? Like the engine icon or something?

5. Rattly A Pillar plastic

That seemes cheap too. However this is not something I noticed when I did a test drive, so I dont really know how severe the problem is.

6. Cheap looking gear knob (easily change circa £17 or so)

I will do that. I hated the gear knob when i tested the car.

7. No boot light

Not a problem for me, it is such a small boot and most parking spaces I use in the city and where I live have lights.

8. Rear glass boot hatch lock sometimes doesn't unlock

That seems to be something annoying. :(

9. Rear wiper slow and ineffective

Yeah I think they should not have bothered at all with that thing. My parents have a Volvo S60 T5 and that car has no rear wiper. It just looks a lot better, I think the aygo would have benefited of not having one. :)

1 The hazard warning lamp glows when light are on, just the little green arrows flash in the binnacle when on. Have to remember what side is HRW and A/C have different colour indicators when in use. Don't care now.

2 Only 1 boot strut, not a problem, it's lifting a bit of glass and saves weight.

3 The interior light is crap :ffs: ! Won't see stuff when its on anyhow. Shopping will be found in daylight! Just hope nothing valuable's left in a shadow.

4 No temp guage, surprised Toyota don't offer some sort of auxilary gauge/trip computer option to mirror the rev counter, though then the instruments might infringe Disney's Mickey Mouse copyright :lol:

5 A pillar plastic does n't rattle in mine what am I doing wrong? I ain't taking it off to see why it does n't either

6 Gear nob, got an auto it has a rubberish and metal one and is nice

7 No boot light see 3

8 Rear hatch just pushes to and its shut,no slamming required, though can rattle.

9 Rear wiper needs an intermittant setting, tried 306 blade (original is too short) in it which was ok but decided against it because it would drop out when arm was pulled away from glass, say when washing car.

10 Seats are fine for a couple of hours, though seem a bit short in cushion length.

11 The car makes a super noise, bit 1970's Alfa, even better if driven with the back seat down :rolleyes:

12 The yellow thing, truck drivers seem to spot it sooner and are scared of squashing it, watch me get run over by a Discovery now :(

Interesting to read other peoples views on the niggles.

I find the boot light a particular problem as I keep ice scraper etc. in there and can never find it at 4am as I set off for work !

The glow from interior doesn't help locate the rear demist IMO but you obviously just get used to where it is anyway. Talking of lights the headlights are not great - I think they look cool but they don't give out fantastic beam. Whilst I'm on the subject the location of the front fog light switch is also bad.

I agree that passenger door light is no real issue i just feel it would have been very easy to have put in. I would also have preferred the bonnet release latch to have been located drivers side but there you go !

The A pillar doesn't rattle in mine it's just that if you tap it with your finger (near the lower part towards the screen) it feels very flimsy - not a great issue but just something I wish I hadn't found out !

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links