Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Engine Cutting Out.

Raggyroller

Anyone else had any problems with the engine going through a patch of cutting out when the revs are taken off, or the clutch depressed? (really annoying when stopping at junctions :ffs: )

Mine did it about 5 times the other day, but then the problem seemed to clear after a burst of revs from the automatic choke on starting up.

I'm not sure whether it's an automatic choke problem, or maybe a bit of muck sticking in a jet.

I still have two bars-worth of petrol on the fuel gauge, so I shouldn't be down to the mucky stuff... especially in a new car.

Any thoughts on this?

Raggy :)

Cheap supermarket petrol ?

If not your car is almost brand new mate - just pop it back to Mr T

Mine has never done this although she does get a 55 mile blast every day at, ahem, 69.9 miles per hour

I had a 1.0 Yaris before this one and it never cut out when new (apart from me stalling it :lol:), sounds a bit unsafe so I would go back to MrT.

Another thing was a few months back in the Yaris Blue it felt like when idling the car was running lumpy and you could feel it bumping (that might not be the best word :unsure: ) a bit especially at traffic lights for example. My post here on TOC suggested that it might be the VVT-i that was causing the problem and some hard driving was suggested to help the VVT-i clear, I did just that and the problem went away after a week or so. I never knew if that was the problem but it seemed to solve it anyway so perhaps give that a try?

Just a thought ;)

I had a 1.0 Yaris before this one and it never cut out when new (apart from me stalling it :lol:), sounds a bit unsafe so I would go back to MrT.

Another thing was a few months back in the Yaris Blue it felt like when idling the car was running lumpy and you could feel it bumping (that might not be the best word :unsure: ) a bit especially at traffic lights for example. My post here on TOC suggested that it might be the VVT-i that was causing the problem and some hard driving was suggested to help the VVT-i clear, I did just that and the problem went away after a week or so. I never knew if that was the problem but it seemed to solve it anyway so perhaps give that a try?

Just a thought ;)

Cheers,

I'll give it that a go if the problem re-appears.

I'll report back with results.

Thanks again,

Thanks.

I gave it a good firm run to clear its throat, and that seems to have done the trick.

Cheers,

Thanks.

I gave it a good firm run to clear its throat, and that seems to have done the trick.

Cheers,

Glad to hear it helped, do it quite often and it should save it from re-appearing I hope ;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links