Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Organic Clutches

earpl

An organic clutch is just a clutch with organic material on and in the fiction disc which helps prevent slipping on moddified engines that are producing more power than the stock clutch can handle.

They can handle more heat and and less prone to burning out

Also they feel like the stock clutch and can be used like a stock clutch.

HTH

There are two main types of clutch.

Organic: Which is normaly fitted, as Steve said made of an organic material

Then you get

Ceramic: which like it says on the tin is made of...wait for it.....ceramics ;)

These are bloody hard wearing but on the down side the flywheel and pressure plate take most of the wear. :thumbsup:

An organic clutch is just a clutch with organic material on and in the fiction disc which helps prevent slipping on moddified engines that are producing more power than the stock clutch can handle.

HTH

have to disagree and say my organic racing clutch doesn't feel anything like the stock clutch. Was very, very grabby.

antone else??? its supposed to be coming wed so we'll see, prolly fit it sunday as my clutch is on its way out. £370 for plate, cover + relese bearing

HTH

have to disagree and say my organic racing clutch doesn't feel anything like the stock clutch. Was very, very grabby.

Organic clutch material is much the like your brake pads they are basically the same. You can get a high performance brake pad in organic just like your high performance clutch; while the composition differs they are still organic.

HTH

Im only going from my own experiance as i had a Helix organic clutch fitted to my MR2 turbo as i had a stage 2 turbo fitted and it felt no different from the stock one.

Chris

let me know how it is when its in and running...

as i need a clutch too :rolleyes:

kimi x

HTH

Organic clutch material is much the like your brake pads they are basically the same. You can get a high performance brake pad in organic just like your high performance clutch; while the composition differs they are still organic.

ah... so a "normal" rated organic clutch will be like stock?? Where as a 450ft/lb torqu clutch (mine) obviously won't.... my bad

will do kimi, it comes on wed, should go in at the weekend, i was going to get a TRD one but with a 6 week wait, wouldn't have been anygood for the ring trip :P, this one was more expensive though.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links