Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aygo Insurance

SMW

wish i wasnt so young

my insurance with my dad as policy holder came in at £1200 ish and my premium will go up next year because of that prat who crashed into my car in the car park last year.

grrrr

wish i wasnt so young

my insurance with my dad as policy holder came in at £1200 ish and my premium will go up next year because of that prat who crashed into my car in the car park last year.

grrrr

:eek:

On a group 1e car ! !

yup thats the cheapest we could find, i mean it has 0 no claims bonus on it coz my dad wants to keep his all on his own car. its still cheaper then other cars for first time drivers

One of the downsides to living in Northern Ireland (Belfast in particular), is that insurers tend to put a 50% loading on any insurance figures obtainable in England :ffs:

I'm 61... never had a claim in my life; either with a car or a bike (so have 70% NCB); and the best figure I got was from open+Direct... £218 comprehensive with roadside assistance etc.

Axa was next best at £222, but the others I tried, ranged from £350 to £500!!!! :nopity:

'What Car' Quotes, quoted an estimated approx. of £142 for insuring in England!!!!

If any insurers are reading this.... Northern Ireland is now a safer insurers investment than the likes of Leeds, Liverpool, London etc.... so c'mon fellas: get it sorted for Northern Ireland!! :angel:

Raggy :)

Oh i wish that my car insurance was as cheap as that :crybaby:

jerry!!

thats not bad Steve...

plus, what MPG are you getting?

Ian

I'm getting about 56 mpg. My main daily journey is 60 mile round trip - about 80 % motorway between 3 - 4k revs (70 - 80mph).

I think Toyota quote 65 as ave mpg on the Aygo but it's just not achievable in the real world of heaters, rear demist, speed bumps, traffic lights, air con etc.

:D Servicing is £85 per 10 000. Not sure on road tax but it is the lowest I think (£90 ? ?).

just doing some quick sums on the numbers you've give steve...

its works out, with someone doing 12k a year, just shy of £1200 a year for tax, insurance, servicing AND petrol...

(hey, thats kinda helpful, a pound per 10 miles total cost!)

so the only additional costs would be tyres etc (dont tell me how much, mine cost £120 a corner!)

so - what about practicality - you do 60 miles a day, how comfy is it on a long journey? rear passenger space? load lugging capabilities?

I realise its a small car, but could you, say, fit 3 adults with 3-5 days worth of luggage in it?

Space is something you haven't got much of once you leave the front seats. You can get 2 adults in the back but things would get a bit uncomfortable after an hour or so, 3 rear adults IMO is a non starter. Road noise is also a bit intrusive and probably more so in the rear with the glass hatch.

The boot is tiny, I would say 2 large sports bags or a small suitcase and thats it.

The front however is great - you wouldn't know you are in a small car - plenty of leg room. Seats are comfy although not 'hugging', headrests are integrated which isn't the best fit but I don't ever get back ache etc.

Steering is rake only and not reach but I can find a good position OK. 90 % of the time it's just me in the Aygo so as long as I don't have much more than a brolly, laptop and over coat with me I have enough space and can still get a good few tesco bags of shopping in on the way home !

Less than 3 adults on average and I would go Aygo - a driver, passenger and 1 rear, more than 3 adults and associated luggage and things would get a bit tight (doubtless performance would take a dip as well with the extra weight).

That's so low! Very economical car indeed...wouldn't mind that at all.

If only I had the money for a second car :rolleyes:

Tax is a very reasonable £75 for the year so even cheaper than previously quoted.

:D Servicing is £85 per 10 000. Not sure on road tax but it is the lowest I think (£90 ? ?).

Road Tax for 1 year £75! (i think, according to parkers)

• 2 weeks later...

How about if upgrades like TTE body parts, Rims and K&N air filter????? how much does that go up on the insurance cos im only 18 and insuring the aygo with my bro isn't cheap at all :crybaby:

Don't think TTE cosmetic parts will make much difference unless you go for the central exit zorst. Rims will make a difference, hard to put a number on it.

Just got my insurance renewal - total cost -

£182.70 (or 50p per day)

:D :D :D :D

:eek: Mine costs me over 7 times that! :!Removed!:

I pay 62 euro a month for all-risk, for the car and 1500 euro on extra's on my car :P

It's also inclusive insurance for me and my passengers.

How about if upgrades like TTE body parts, Rims and K&N air filter????? how much does that go up on the insurance cos im only 18 and insuring the aygo with my bro isn't cheap at all :crybaby:

Suggest you contact the insurers before any mods made. Have a Merc with merc body kit & wheels & soon as you mention mods many insurers just don't want to know, although they may not effect performance they do, in the insurers eyes, make them more stealable !

:blink: Thats alot of money for an aygo! :blink:

I got a quote on my provisional and it was going to be £895 fully comp for the year... so over a grand is waay too much :blink:

:blink: Thats alot of money for an aygo! :blink:

I got a quote on my provisional and it was going to be £895 fully comp for the year... so over a grand is waay too much :blink:

Don't forget it also makes the difference about where you live. I used to pay 1200 on my 1 litre Seat Arosa when I first passed my test. now my insurance for my Aygo is 600 second year driving.

I live in East London.

Just done a quote for my step-daughter who's 17, just past her test and got a quote for £1024 for an Aygo sport 5 door, living in Chelmsford with her dad but without him on the policy.

However, if I do the quote at our address, then this jumps to £1040 but I can get this down to £938 because i'm also insured with the same company.

Just done a quote for my step-daughter who's 17, just past her test and got a quote for £1024 for an Aygo sport 5 door, living in Chelmsford with her dad but without him on the policy.

However, if I do the quote at our address, then this jumps to £1040 but I can get this down to £938 because i'm also insured with the same company.

That sounds really high to me - the Aygo is group 1e which is (as far as I know) the lowest group available.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links