Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aygo Insurance

SMW

Just done a quote for my step-daughter who's 17, just past her test and got a quote for £1024 for an Aygo sport 5 door, living in Chelmsford with her dad but without him on the policy.

However, if I do the quote at our address, then this jumps to £1040 but I can get this down to £938 because i'm also insured with the same company.

i have same type of aygo, in chelmsford too, lol small world.

and my insurance with me and my dad came to around 1100 so i think its the going rate with young drivers, no matter what catergory the aygo is. you can only benefit from the cheaper insurance as you get older unfortunatly.

but its a great car for first time drivers to have, i love it and best of all i've only spent bugger all on petrol, which is great when your a student.

I only done it as a comparison..... she can't make up her mind as to what her first car should be..... changes mind more often than ???? (upto you to finish off the sentence :laughing: )

lol ah right.

well i compared the aygo with ka and the insurance was always cheaper on the aygo just coz of the smaller engine.

Now the tax will be about £40 i think in the new budget.....

Makes me tempted to see what they're like. :thumbsup:

J

:D Servicing is £85 per 10 000. Not sure on road tax but it is the lowest I think (£90 ? ?).

hi the £80 is for the first service 2nd. and 3rd year around £150 each

Road Tax next year £ 40, £ 40, £40 yippee!!!!!!! :D :D

up to now on a run of 275 miles averaged 61 mpg driving economically

paid £5995 for new basic ,if anyone is interested, cash. no px. cheaper than a C1!!!

gr.con@dsl.pipex.com

• 1 month later...
Guest logitech

Hi, i pay £1400 with my dad as an aditional driver for my Aygo Sport 5dr worth £9200 im a first time driver and get 1 years no-claims free with toyotas own insurance. other quotes cost over £2000.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, i pay £1400 with my dad as an aditional driver for my Aygo Sport 5dr worth £9200 im a first time driver and get 1 years no-claims free with toyotas own insurance. other quotes cost over £2000.

!Removed! hell thats expensive! How old are you? Toyota insurance offer everybody the years no claims free, however when i got a quote with them it was twice as much with an extra years no claims. I'd recomended trying Direct line, i found them the cheapest for me!

I got a quote for Aygo, car in wife's name. She has no no claims of here own but Directline give named drivers a full no-claims entitlement. So, she's 36 full no claims, me as named driver, full business use. ~£150 fully comp on a brand new Aygo Sport!

On servicing, my local dealer are quoting ~£120 for first service and £180 for the second. I think this is really expensive. My Golf first service was £135 at 18k miles and it has really expensive "long-life" oil in it.

Servicing will be as expensive as the time it takes to do the work and the cost of the parts involved. Toyota have always had expensive parts. Buy them from Peugeot and get Toyota to fit them it's cheaper.

will check once elephant.co.uk gets their site running again, but i think they quoted me between £800-900FC on the sport :huh: , i think a ka is abit cheaper :blink: .

im 21

3 years driving

0ncb

3 points(CU30)

living in wolverhampton(thoses that know it).

them quotes are the cheapest i get for newish cars or atleast above £5k ;) , but the same quotes as an old £600 1.4 clio n £1000 mk3 1.8 golf and few others :blink: tho now im 21 might be alittle cheaper :lol: .

i tried my quote on a aygo costing around 7k, the premiums could go up on account to how expensive the car is :thumbsup: , example: mk2 mr2 NA costing between £2500-3000 - £1750FC then same car now costing £2000 - around £1470FC :eek:

Servicing will be as expensive as the time it takes to do the work and the cost of the parts involved. Toyota have always had expensive parts. Buy them from Peugeot and get Toyota to fit them it's cheaper.

...but the first service is probably just an oil change with a few checks. There won't be much more in the second service either :(

Nowadays you CAN get your car serviced at any VAT registered repairer without affecting the warranty as long as they follow the procedures and use the correct manufacturer recommended parts :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links