Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Unfriendly Drivers

TheNissanMan

What is it with Mr2 drivers, in Oxford its not that common to see another one so when you do I normally drop a quick wave or flash to say 'Hi' as with other cars I've driven and always recieved a response.....

How come Mr2 drivers just seem to think I'm being rude or is it just me being silly../

Subaru drivers wave and flash each other too.

When I drive mother in laws motorhome, it is mandatory to wave at other motorhome drivers, as long as they are coachbuilt. Apparently, it is not the done thing at all to wave at the other sorts.

I always do though as I get confused ;)

guess I just meet the unsociable ones then....

only try with mr2's if treid every toyota I'd need a third arm

*thinks quietly to himself*, nope I'd get arrested :D

Well, i thinks its because most drivers have too slow to respond...I mean, by the time they pop up their lights, you are probably already gone :)

ahh, that could be it, left my brain somewhere on the way home....

Tried to falsh an MR2 this morning, got a funny look, was an autopilot and didn't think I was still in the courtesy car..... DOH!

• 3 weeks later...

The only other MR2 that has replyed to my wave was a mature driver the young drivers look at you like you have stuck two fingers up.

Sera????? Ive never seen one info please:D

Sera:

Small gullwing coupe built for Japan only from 1990 to 1995 based on Starlet in a similar vein to Tigra/Corsa or Puma/Fiesta but predating them by about five years and much more stylish! see picture left.

closest UK relative being the Paseo

;)

Am surprised to here you calling your car similar to a Tigra/Corsa or Puma/Fiesta, do you enjoy insulting your car ???

I would be fuming if I had a Sera and compare it to those cars......

:o you're right! :D

It was just to explain the type of car I wasn't actually comparing, okay more like a Honda CRX or Mazda MX3!

A scaled down Celica with funny doors perhaps :P:D

glass bowl with protective alloy bottom perhaps.....

it's sort of unique in a funny sort of way, best to look at the sera site if you want to really know what it is :)

found the same, i have diven pass around 4 other t pots and 0 waved back.....as most of you know i love the golf sceen and you get a dead arm just driving through town!, one thing i will say is the golfs have owners club stickers!!! could this be the way forward? ' the car coming towards you is a freindly toyota' could see that as a sun visor sticker!:P

• 2 weeks later...

I generally find Toyota drivers friendly and courteous although some are also a bit on the too slow to not be courteous!!!

ok nice chat about about friendly or not so friendly drives but whats this Gold Member bit that Carl slipped in (oopps getting a few inuendos in now) all about then :o

Am sure Steve will post when negotiations have been sorted but basics as I understand are that a number of companies (parts/service/insurance) are being approached to give discounts to Gold Members of TOC, similar to that of the sister site, Lexus Owners Club.

To become a Gold Member a minimal fee will be charged annually. Hope I havent stepped on any toe's answering or got any info wrong :)

;) Gold Member Sir ;)

there was a thread with more details on but I can't remember where it is :(

Might of been in the moderators only section

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links