Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Just Joined The Gym

Demonic Angel

In the neverending quest to look remotely like Kelly Brook in any way, I've decided to resort to the gym! I'm hoping they can sculpt my body, get rid of the excess - just looking a little like Kelly would be nice!

But in all reality, its not to look like Kelly Brook, I'm running the Race for Life again this year and need to get fit - yes, I am actually running it, so I plan to get fit, maybe shed a few hippos as well!

Rich has joined with me, he wants to generally tone up - works out about £25 each a month which is reasonable, plus all classes (yoga, pilates, spinning, aerobics, step etc etc) are free. I can start up my yoga again! :thumbsup:

I've got to go and have my fitness test on Thursday - they're just going to tell me I'm unfit! lol I already knew that! :lol:

But, never fear, the gym shant replace TOC, I'll be going in the mornings before work! This is coming from someone who loves her bed! :lol: Wish me luck!

Good luck Em tried the gym once and hated it but different things work for different people - id try getting there at off-peak hours if possible it was far too busy for me during peak hours, had to wait for machine etc

hope you get on alright :)

That's cheap ..... I pay around £60 a month at Esporta (Warwickshire Racket Center + I paid extra for use of the courts)

I've just joined two weeks ago :D

I have a personal trainer as part of the package which is a pain in the **** as I actually have to do something and if i'm not there I start getting phone calls - Seriously

Mind you she's female ;)

It's a top notch gym though with a bar and restaurant :thumbsup:

Here's to get fit and healthy :lol::lol:

By the way my introduction to the gym nearly killed me - 10 minutes on the treadmill, 10 on the bike, 5 on the rowing machines, and then some weight lifting and other stuff, for 1 hour in total.

If I was you Em book the next week off work :thumbsup:

Inductions vary... Some are there to just show you the machines and how not to break your back on them and others... Others seem to be a trial to test if you are up to it or not. My wife rejoined after a year and the induction (not a word to use lightly around anyone who's given birth! ;)) last night nigh on killed her but this morning she is looking forward to another sesh. Me? I'll dust off my bike and go for a plug around Sherwood Pines.

Good look Em! :thumbsup:

Good luck, i really need to get back to the gym but have issues with not having someone there to set me, just cant get motivated on my own, anyone in the pontefract/wakey/cas/selby etc area in need of a gym buddy?

I have that problem too Hou and in all fairness I'm dreading having to get up at 6.30 in the morning to go to the gym for 7!

But its actually a member on here giving me the motivation to do this, because I know its for a good cause at the end of the day, plus I really want to prove to everyone (and myself) I can stick something out for longer than 5 minutes (anyone who knows me knows my terrible attention span and general lack of patience with anything I do!)

It wont kill me to train every morning for an hour to raise money for people who have to live with cancer.

Thats my motivation. You just need to find yours.... :thumbsup:

Good luck with it!

I need to actually go and pick up my gym membership card, lol, joined in October but not collected it yet! Thats bad! :(

Just dont have the time to go anymore :(

Good luck Em :thumbsup:

i used to get up at 6.30 and do half hour of exercise before work,

when my alarm went off it was horrible :crybaby: but after i used to feel alot better at work,

really could tell the difference if i skippd a morning i'd feel more tired during the day :wacko:

good luck with your race for life its a damn good cause :yes:

kimi x

Hmmmmm Kelly Brook......

She has a cracking..... er............ "figure" :drool:

Hmmmmm Kelly Brook......

She has a cracking..... er............ "figure" :drool:

Exactly....

Even looking 1% like Kelly would be nice.... :lol:

Its a pipe dream, but it might happen.... I might wake up one morning all beautiful and slender and toned and have men falling at my feet....

Oooh is that a flying pig? :lol:

Lesley's doing it this year too. It seems that more and more people do this every year. Every company I go to with work has sponsorship forms pinned to the noteboard. :thumbsup: A most excellent cause.

Good luck Dem.

I did a month's membership throught January (bearing in mind I got it for my B-day back in October, I didn't sign up till 3 days before it was due to expire!), and in the 4 weeks I did it, I lost 8lbs.

It's good when you get into the swing of it.

Good stuff, always good to see some1 putting in the effort for charity, especially for cancer research.

I've sworn I'll do the marathon 1 day but I haven't got the determination to pick a year yet & I haven't done any form of excercise for well over a month so it's not looking likely for the time being. Good luck with the training though.

Just to let you all know when i was at the bubble meet last sunday,

i spoke to Dave wilkins from the 200+ club,he's informed me that there is going

to be another charity day for cancer research at the bubble in August this year,

he hasnt got a confirmed date yet but i'll let you know when i know.

All that came last year helped raise well over £1000 on the day :thumbsup:

kimi x

I'll be there Kimi - just say when! :thumbsup:

Well just had my fitness test and I'm not as direly unfit as I thought - so theres still hope! :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links