Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What Is The Coolest Engine?

Leeky

What is the coolest type of engine?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. What would you choose?

• Straight 4 Cylinder
    • Straight 6 Cylinder
    • V6
    • V8
    • V12
    • Rotary
    • Other

Just curious as to what is peoples preffered layout on an engine. If you could have any car and any engine then what would you go for?

V8 is my favourite personally, sounds best (TVR, Pontiac, Chevrolet, SLR Mc Merc) IMHO and has the proper muscle car feel under your foot.

:yes:

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fidgits

• Leeky

• Karma Supra

• Bibbs

Top Posters In This Topic

The Boeing Rocketdyne is obviously the best design ..

But what do you mean by "best" .. best economical? best performance? best power delivery? best for weight/size?

The maximum equivalent horsepower developed by the three SSMEs is just over 37 million horsepower.

Although not much larger than an automobile engine, the SSME high-pressure fuel turbopump generates 100 horsepower for each pound of its weight, while an automobile engine generates about one-half horsepower for each pound of its weight.

I guess rotary......running a 6 second 1/4 in a beemer with a12B engine in sounds quite fun

The Boeing Rocketdyne is obviously the best design ..

But what do you mean by "best" .. best economical? best performance? best power delivery? best for weight/size?

Stop picking holes for once and play along :lol: :P

Let me refrase the question, if you were having a car made to order to your own specification then what kinda of engine would you go for?

I mean what is your favourite?

Me for example, i hate 2 and 3 cylinder engines. Im not overly keen on 4 cylinder ones too (especially if they are in the wrong way - cough *celica* cough).

I like straight 6 engines and i love V8's.

V12 i think arent all that and more just so that you can tell people you have a v12 :lol:

I like the muscular gruntyness of a V8 :thumbsup:

Let me refrase the question, if you were having a car made to order to your own specification then what kinda of engine would you go for?

Defo the Boeng :thumbsup:

Hang on what engine do you have in your car at the mo? I wonder if you still had the gt4 you would think the 3sgte is the coolest :lol: or if you had the supra would that be the coolest :lol::lol:

Gotta be a V8...

although design varies, a decent capacity V8 just sounds perfect, and its a nice torquey layout...

I like the howl of a V12 on full tilt - but a V8 TVR on tickover sounds better than almost anything else...

Hang on what engine do you have in your car at the mo? I wonder if you still had the gt4 you would think the 3sgte is the coolest :lol: or if you had the supra would that be the coolest :lol::lol:

Dude i have a Supra lump in the Aristo which is 6 cylinder being a 2jzgte ;) So of course me saying my favourite is the V8 shows im not bias to the car i currently own :lol: ;)

Problem with the 3SGTE is its mounted transversely which i hate and one thing in owning another st205 reminded me is how small engines have lower strength. I've seen a few rev3 engines with headgasket problems now.

But hey, not slagging off the 3s - just my honest opinion.

There is no replacement for displacement :thumbsup:

Would like another V8 as my next car.

Dude i have a Supra lump in the Aristo which is 6 cylinder being a 2jzgte ;) So of course me saying my favourite is the V8 shows im not bias to the car i currently own :lol: ;)

:lol::lol: ok ok I thought you got a v8 or something under the hood do they come in v8's?

:lol::lol: ok ok I thought you got a v8 or something under the hood do they come in v8's?

Yeah they did a few mk1 aristo V8s in japan, 240bhp....not the greatest. Dunno if there are any over here.

the GS comes in a 4.3 V8 though ;) but yes, Lee has a limp wristed straight six :lol:

its faster than your rep mobile :P :D

and for me definatly a V8, I love the sound of a TVR ticking over :)

W18 :D

Charles!! Remember me? :D

Good choice on the W18, isn’t that was the veyron has?

I’m going to be boring and say V8, its been around for so long for a reason.

I knew it was a W something lol, the W18 was in the very 1st prototype but then ended up using the W16 (i've been reading up, can ya tell lol)

yes, that would be the prototype which span out on a low speed corner at the first unveiling to potential customers in california...

(i can read too you know) ;)

boxer layout isnt on the list.

if money was no option, i would have a front engined, rear drive, ferrari v12.

my realistic dream engine for the moment is the rev 3 3sgte.

thats because scumbaroos have boxer engines which instantly makes them uncool :lol: ;)

thats because scumbaroos have boxer engines which instantly makes them uncool :lol: ;)

yeah, and they sound like they are constantly mis-firing...

which is odd, because the porsche boxer engine sounds very lush... but then theres not too many burberry clad chavs driving around in 911's!

The twin V6's on the back of my boat sound nice at full tilt!

My mates V8 5.7 chevy inboard sounds better ticking over though :thumbsup:

Does anybody know of a car with a V8 which goes round corners well? :D

Paul.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links