Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Possible End Of Top Gear.

mark_n

ahh, this did the rounds a couple of weeks ago...

i very much doubt it will be an issue - worst case they dont rag the cars on the airport, Top Gear and the studio will continue...

oopps sorry about that.

ahh, this did the rounds a couple of weeks ago...

i very much doubt it will be an issue - worst case they dont rag the cars on the airport, Top Gear and the studio will continue...

You thiink the BBC would axe their most popular program?!!!

I think not.

There are loads of places they can go to..

So they don't was 4 or 5 cars razzing about per week due to pollution ..

But building 2500 homes (and all the trucks etc to begin with) and then a minimum of an extra 2500 cars commuting every morning.

Are these people REALLY that retarded?

and for noise. IT WAS AN AIRFIELD !! I don't care how loud the new Ferrari is, I'll not be louder than a Tornado now will it?

But building 2500 homes (and all the trucks etc to begin with) and then a minimum of an extra 2500 cars commuting every morning.

and for noise. IT WAS AN AIRFIELD !! I don't care how loud the new Ferrari is, I'll not be louder than a Tornado now will it?

Yes they are that retarded... The airfield was almost certainly there before most of them moved to the area so I'm sure they must have expected the noise of prop planes, jets and helicopters all the time. I'm sure a few performance cars (and a few lack-of-performance cars) won't make any odds. T** turds!

I think you hit the nail with the homes+cars. Say 1.5 cars per house, probably mostly beemers too so you'll have to factor in the idiots thrashing the gears in the outside Beemer lane and also the constant trips to the dealers for repairs and that's helluvalotta pollution)

The BBC would be mad to axe TG - thats like cutting off their nose to spite their face!

I did have a fleeting hope they might end up at Bruntingthorpe, that'd be cool - Richard Hammond only round the corner.... I'd be practically living there! :lol:

Well said that man :P

That village is only a few miles down the road from me, and has been said, it's a !Removed! airfield!

I know for a fact that Enstone, along with our village and lots of others in the area, lie under a flight path for not only Brum airport, but alot of the RAF flight paths run over this area.

We can have Bombers, Jet planes and helicopters flying over at any time day or night, and has anyone said anything? No!

There's a quarry about 2 miles away, working 6 days a week. On a saturday, we can hear it from our house. Has anyone complained? No!

Most of those that seemed to have apposed it, are elderly people, but also residents who seem to forget the fact, that when the programme is filmed, they'll be at work!!!

I may not agree with Clarkson's views, but people seem to pick holes in the most stupid of things these days, and as Bibbs pointed out, they're going ahead with shedloads of housing development, and they reckon that 6 cars will cause more pollution than that!

yeah, but these people are all stupid...

Where i live, a few residents complain abotu the noise from castle combe, and have practically killed the GT championship from taking place here...

And yet, just next to it is when they do parachute runs from Hercules doing low level passes....

I reackon it would be cool for it to be filmed just down the road from you ..... imagine the cars you would see :drool::drool:

mate - just move next to a racing circuit...

you wouldnt believe the machinery you see around here!

(i saw a brand new McMerc today ;) )

Very well said :thumbsup:

I think some people need a reality check here obviously if they complain about cars on an airfield! :wacko:

• 2 months later...
..."Top Gear" is not the only user of the track, which is also used to host track days and similar events...

So the track days and similar events wouldn't be the primary noise offenders would they? No, it's the occasional laps by the Stig et al... :rolleyes:

I'd happily swap with one of the locals if the noise of cars racing gets too much. Then they'll really hear what car noise is all about!! Except for the fact, it's the squeel of tyres outside your door step at 3am instead of at organised events!!

Even if the BBC were to axe top gear, Clarkeson himself owns the rights to the progam... another chaneel would snap it up!!!!

The programme had hoped to relocate to an airfield near Clarkson's home in Oxfordshire

Damn it.. that would have been great for me!

Nah, I can't see it getting axed just yet, there would be mass protests all over the place! :thumbsup:

Nah, I can't see it getting axed just yet, there would be mass protests all over the place! :thumbsup:

In this country?

This country people are sheep .. they'll do whatever the powers that be want them too ..

Don't use water, buy petrol at over £1 a litre, watch Big Brother, buy RnB music ..

It's all brain washing .. :lol:

Clarkeson himself owns the rights to the progam

really?

Yup!! when it ended a few years back abd was sitting idle for ages doing anything, he snapped it up for bugger all.... or so I read...

To be brutally honest, as the programme stands I couldn't care if it got axed or not. The programme needs a refresh (read: axe Hammond) anyway and the stupid 20 minute long stunt features are less about cars and more about Clarkson, Hammond and May pratting about in front of the camera.

If you're going to prat about, at least do it whilst reviewing a car someone can buy (ok, even if it's only peeps who bring in nothing less than 70kpa), or cut the segment down a bit so it doesn't consume almost half of the air time. Otherwise they might as well just be wacking one off at how 'great' they are for a full hour.

ive heard a while back that Bruntingthorpe was likely to be a new venue for TG

ive heard a while back that Bruntingthorpe was likely to be a new venue for TG

If they are banning it because of noise where they are I can't see it beeng held at Bruntingthorpe, anything that is noisier than a spin drier on full cycle from a distance of a thousand feet has to have baffles fitted :rolleyes:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links