Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Possible End Of Top Gear.

mark_n

To be brutally honest, as the programme stands I couldn't care if it got axed or not. The programme needs a refresh (read: axe Hammond) anyway and the stupid 20 minute long stunt features are less about cars and more about Clarkson, Hammond and May pratting about in front of the camera.

i agree they dont review cars in that slot, but i enjoy it, it adds humor to the show and top gear is more of a car show, than a review show.

To be brutally honest, as the programme stands I couldn't care if it got axed or not. The programme needs a refresh (read: axe Hammond) anyway and the stupid 20 minute long stunt features are less about cars and more about Clarkson, Hammond and May pratting about in front of the camera.

If you're going to prat about, at least do it whilst reviewing a car someone can buy (ok, even if it's only peeps who bring in nothing less than 70kpa), or cut the segment down a bit so it doesn't consume almost half of the air time. Otherwise they might as well just be wacking one off at how 'great' they are for a full hour.

Chill dude! That's the fun of the programme... it's daft, it's a laugh. It's better than most of the other drivel on the telly. It's a small hour chunk to break up the monotony of cruddy soaps, makeover shows and how to kill your wife.

It's not for everyone I agree, but it's a laugh and there's an underlying vehicle theme. If you want to learn about cars then buy a magazine... or get bored to death watching 5th Gear.

i agree they dont review cars in that slot, but i enjoy it, it adds humor to the show and top gear is more of a car show, than a review show.

Chill dude! That's the fun of the programme... it's daft, it's a laugh. It's better than most of the other drivel on the telly. It's a small hour chunk to break up the monotony of cruddy soaps, makeover shows and how to kill your wife.

It's not for everyone I agree, but it's a laugh and there's an underlying vehicle theme. If you want to learn about cars then buy a magazine... or get bored to death watching 5th Gear.

But unfortunately it's becoming more a Clarkson, Hammond & (occasionally) May show, not even a car show at times. What 'crazy' things the presenters are doing is getting more important than what the crazy vehicles/cars are doing. Sometimes it is funny, but they need to keep the slot down time-wise as it's overtaking the other content of the show. I don't watch it to 'learn' about cars and there's only so many times I can watch Hammond prat about like a demented school boy... At first he was vaguely charming (in a short man kind of way), now he's just annoying. :laughing:

And Seveer... please don't call me 'Dude' again. :P :laughing:

I'd happily swap with one of the locals if the noise of cars racing gets too much. Then they'll really hear what car noise is all about!! Except for the fact, it's the squeel of tyres outside your door step at 3am instead of at organised events!!

Like that plan.. lets all invade the neighbours of Bruntingthorpe, shift them out and go live there. Then track days every saturday for us! :thumbsup:

I'd happily swap with one of the locals if the noise of cars racing gets too much. Then they'll really hear what car noise is all about!! Except for the fact, it's the squeel of tyres outside your door step at 3am instead of at organised events!!

Like that plan.. lets all invade the neighbours of Bruntingthorpe, shift them out and go live there. Then track days every saturday for us! :thumbsup:

Cooooool B) :driving:

Sorry... fell into Bill & Ted mode!

Dudette??!! :lol: :P

It is the Clarkson, Hamster, May show, but that's what I like! Clarkson's hilarious, May is very funny in his own mad way and whilst hammond can be a tad annoying, his little-man-angry-ness can still draw a grin.

It's just funny watching what they get up to... it's three middle-age, middle-class grammar school boys (the whole surname thing they do) just having a laugh... it's what most guys would want to do if they could... just that this is on tv!

Im definatley sure that it's a programmed enjoyed by more men than women for the simple fact of hpw immature it is... boys never mature whereas girls mature very quickly... it's all psychology.... or bo**ock... both are the same! :lol:

Ok, I'll go with that. :laughing:

It is the Clarkson, Hamster, May show, but that's what I like! Clarkson's hilarious, May is very funny in his own mad way and whilst hammond can be a tad annoying, his little-man-angry-ness can still draw a grin.

It's just funny watching what they get up to... it's three middle-age, middle-class grammar school boys (the whole surname thing they do) just having a laugh... it's what most guys would want to do if they could... just that this is on tv!

Im definatley sure that it's a programmed enjoyed by more men than women for the simple fact of hpw immature it is... boys never mature whereas girls mature very quickly... it's all psychology.... or bo**ock... both are the same! :lol:

i agree

but is calling each other by surnames mid class grammar skool? i do it all the time lmao

Im definatley sure that it's a programmed enjoyed by more men than women

Cause most of them are too busy thinking about boring unimportant stuff like babies and kittens rather than the more important issue of how many caravans you can jump over in a double decker bus or how fast a Zonda is.. fools!!

Im definatley sure that it's a programmed enjoyed by more men than women

Cause most of them are too busy thinking about boring unimportant stuff like babies and kittens rather than the more important issue of how many caravans you can jump over in a double decker bus or how fast a Zonda is.. fools!!

rock on sister

I'm alright, I only live round the corner (I still get lost in the area mind.... :lol: )

I could have the boys round for coffee before they shoot there.... marvellous! :lol:

In this country?

This country people are sheep .. they'll do whatever the powers that be want them too ..

Don't use water, buy petrol at over £1 a litre, watch Big Brother, buy RnB music ..

It's all brain washing .. :lol:

Well, that anti-abduction hat must be blocking the brain washing rays from Uncle Tony's Mind Ray as I'm still washing the car, buying fuel for under £1, most definately NOT watching Big Brother and still hating RnB for the music industry equivalent of a black hole. :thumbsup:

I watched it on Sunday & had the repeat on again on Monday Evening when I was sorting a few things out and wanted some background noise, thought this weeks episode was much better than the previous one..plus seeing Clarkson with yet another Hilux was good, even if it did get overturned right by the plantoon :lol: I'm still a fan of it.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links