Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Will A Cctv Dvr Record At 60fps?

Leeky

Gonna get to work on installing the camera system to the Aristo just like i did to the supra for last years Nurburgring trip.

Last year i used a VCR to record the footage but being analog tape the picture was crap.

Have seen CCTV DVR recorders which would record nicely but does anyone know if they record at 60fps or do they do do the usually cctv style 1 frame per second thing?

cheers

erm, how about a recorder onto HD?

DVD's will be a nightmare due to the vibrations (karosel?)

erm, how about a recorder onto HD?

Do you mean a digital recorder with a hard disk in it? if so then thats what im talking about.

You can buy those sort of things in comet or currys - they call them DVR Digiboxes and its a freeview box with a hard disk for recording. The only problem is i cannot find one that records from external sources, only from the tv receiver.

So i thought about these cctv ones which record to an internal hard disk from cctv cameras which is what im using anyway :)

Does anyone know anything about TIVO's? Do they record from ANY source?

hh, soz dude, I misread DVR as DVD ..

How about a laptop with a TV in card?

What about using an old laptop for the data side of things?????

I don't think any cctv boxes will do 60 fps.

Wouldn't it be simpler just to buy/borrow a cheap digital camcorder anyway?

The problem is that digital camcorders will only accept one signal at a time.

Im going to be running at least 2 cameras this year, and cctv systems are perfect for multiple cameras.

The DVR Digiboxes i have been looking at will do 60fps and can record two streams at once but via the tuner - not scart.

:(

Righto, just found out what i wanted to know. If i get a cctv dvr then the device is limited to a certain number or frames per second (usually 60-140) and on one camera i will get the full framerate, if i add another then the framerate is halved, 4 it'll be quartered.

So 4 cameras in the car on a 60fps CCTV DVR will means 4 lots of video at 15fps.

Cool stuff, cheers for the help anyway guys :thumbsup:

Does that mean one camera on 4 different cars, and then run cat5 between us :lol:

Get some wifi stuff running - you can even get wifi built into cctv cameras now.

Just don't drive too far apart! :lol:

:lol:

Well the plan is at least 2 cameras in the aristo, plus two camcorders (me and dan).

So if you want Ben you can have a camcorder in the s2k like you did last year in the mr2 :thumbsup:

Footage should be better than last year seeing as your not gonna destroy any boost pipes half way round this year :lol: ;)

Yeah man, good stuff.

But a cam corder is going to halve my boot space ;)

And I need some way to mount it.

Ok, scratch the idea on the cctv system. Gonna go for an archos portable media system instead :thumbsup:

Your gonna have to get a passenger to hold the camera i guess?

Passenger :huh:

You think I've got THAT much room?

I think he wanted 60 so he could divide by 4 cameras giving 15fps for each camera.

But you are right the 60 on one stream would be wasted

What sort of price can you get on those cameras which record straight to dvd?

Paul.

Sony handycams are descent dvd camcorders (i've got one) they record straight onto mini dvd-r/dvd-rw.. they vary in cost betwenn 350 - 400 smackers.. discs are 30 mins long on average.. and you would need extra batteries or an incar charger.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links