Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Collected My 06 Aygo Yesterday! (did You?)

chris1805

Just thought I'd introduce myself.

I collected my shiny new 06 Aygo Sport in Carbon Quartz yesterday (01/03/06) from Marshalls in Peterborough.

I have to say I'm very impressed

Everything on it surpasses what I expected (apart from having no light switch connected to the passenger door). In my opinion a stunning, gutsy little car full of character and charm

Would be nice to hear from anyone else who's got one of the new plated models and what they they think so far

Welcome to TOC and the Aygo forum :thumbsup:

Hi i picked my Aygo up on the 1st March a + model in ice blue been waiting for it for ages i love it it's a lot different from my other car i feel really high up in it. The mirrors don't fold in do they i thought they would do.

Welcome to TOC and the Aygo forum :thumbsup:

Hi i picked my Aygo up on the 1st March a + model in ice blue been waiting for it for ages i love it it's a lot different from my other car i feel really high up in it. The mirrors don't fold in do they i thought they would do.

The mirrors do fold, just lift at the tip and fold in at the same time

I picked up my Aygo+, 3 door, Ice Blue, MMT on the 1st - after nearly seven weeks of waiting. I've gone from an 88 Nissan Micra to the Aygo, which I've named B-go (as my first name starts with "B")!

I absolutely adore it, it drives amazingly, feels like a much bigger car than what it looks like. I can't wait to take it for a long drive on the weekend.

Thanks for your replies so far

Its nice to be welomed as a first-time Toyota owner

I've clocked 230 miles in my Aygo over the last 3 days and I'm amazed every time I drive it. Fuel gauge is still showing over half a tank, whereas my old car ('96 Vauxhall Corsa) would be down to little more than a quarter full by now

Performance-wise I wasn't expecting a great deal but was pleasantly suprised to find it picks up quicker than my old 1.2 Corsa and keeps pulling well up to 60 - 70mph

I'm itching for a nice, long(ish) drive over to Leicester on Sunday to see how she fairs with a car full of lads and a boot full of skateboards (which incidently fit in perfectly, even if not much else does)

I'm interested in modifying it slightly (considering the TTE Springs, Body Kit and Sports Exhaust along with maybe some TTE Oil and Rad caps) and would be interested to know if anyone has any idea on costs of the TTE parts or where I could get the Oil and Rad caps. (Already have my Toyota/TTE numberplates winging their way over to me)

Once again, thanks for the warm welcome and I look forward to reading any replies

Hi Chris

The TTE springs are about £330 fitted by Mr T but you might wish to consider joining 'Gold' before commiting to that :yes:

TRD rad and oil caps are avaialble from fensport but are a bit pricey - alternatively try good old flea bay but watch for cheap and nasty copies !

I picked up my carbon quartz 5dr aygo+ on wednesday too and im really impressed just need to get a rev counter for it now its £174 fitted from my local peugeut dealer so might have to fit it myself:|

Welcome - hope to see you and your little car round and about Leicestershire on your maiden voyage! :lol::thumbsup:

i collect mines in the morning! will keep you posted!

Theres far too may Aygos getting on the road now - I liked the rareness of it all :D

ooooooooo the more I see of that colour the more I regret getting mine in carbon quartz if only for the cleaning

Once again, thanks for all the replies.

The trip over to Leicester went without a hitch (as expected)

The car ran beautifully all the way over. I was worried she might struggle with the hills on the A47 between Peterborough and Leicester but was suprised to find myself passing people on the crawler lanes.

Filled her up for the first time on Sunday after getting 394 miles out of the free tank supplied by Mr. T (works out around 50mpg)

Thanks to SMW for the info re: the TRD/TTE bits. I'm seriously considering the TTE or Toyota Spoiler I've seen available, but again have no clue on cost. Hopefully a call to Marshalls will sort that out though

As for the comment on there being too many Aygo's around. I still haven't seen one on the road since I picked mine up which is kinda cool. I've seen a couple of C1's and 107's though. (IMHO the Aygo's 'Ugly Sisters')

Will post some pics as soon as I find the charger to my digi camera

I've seen a couple of C1's and 107's though. (IMHO the Aygo's 'Ugly Sisters')

What a cheek :o have you seen the backside on the Aygo now thats what i call ugly!!! :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links