Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Weird Door Lock Problem... Help!

Jimlad

Last night at about 8pm I opened my door via the central locking keyfob (car has been de-locked). I then went to shut it while I scraped the ice from the windows.

The door just bounced back at me... it refused to shut. I got in the car, locked the door via the internal central locking type switch and drove off. I then went to get out of the car and the drivers door refused to open!!

When I pressed the open switch, the passenger side would flip open, but the drivers would not. I climbed out of the passenger side and left the car thinking it was just because it was so cold. I left the passenger side door unlocked overnight to ensure I could still get in next day.

At about 8am this morning I opened the passenger door. Then attempted to open the drivers door via my keyfob. It opened!! I then went round to the drivers side and locked it (while the door was open) with the switch on the door controls. I then attempted to open it with the switch and it wouldn't, it wouldn't open with the keyfob either... although the passenger side would.

Has anyone got any ideas as to what the hell is going on here??? I assumed it could be because it's cold still, so am going to see what it does in a few hours. I would take the door card off and have a look, but I pressume the door actually has to be open!!?!?

Thanks for any suggestions/help on this!! I'm desperate!

Its frozen mate, spray the latch area with de icer or wd40, should sort it out

I know Jim, swap your car for mine! My doors open fine, even when it's cold! :D :thumbsup:

I know Jim, swap your car for mine! My doors open fine, even when it's cold! :D :thumbsup:

getting so old... lol

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links