Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Latest Aditions

System~G

Managed to get a few more things sorted this weekend.

Finally got round to fitting the Magnex exhaust. It didn't go all to plan and turned out to be the most difficult exhaust swap I have ever done. I put it on par with changing water pump and water hoses with the engine still in the car!

But least the Magnex is in. The car is a tad more torqier and smoother through the revs. Also sounds pretty cool B)

Pics:

3a5e6e99.jpg

06014d66.jpg

Car needs a serious wash though :unsure:

Also managed to get the bucket seats lower in the car by utilising just the feet from original runners. The 1st attempt we used the complete original runners welded to the runners on the underside of the bucket seats, but I couldn't fit in the car as they were far too high. Least now I can drive comfortably and also wear a helmet on track with little discomfort B)

Pics:

ede9511b.jpg

3a56ae97.jpg

Friday morning sees the harness going in and then Saturday is Anglesey with IMOC B) Then Bring on Brunters in April if the engine survives the IMOC day :D

Looks nice :) even if filthy :D tis horrid this time of yer init.... fed up of washin mine only to have it just as dirty one day later :( roll on summer :D :thumbsup:

Looks nice :) even if filthy :D tis horrid this time of yer init....

Not really down to time of year. The car spent the entire week at my Mechanic's being scheduled for MOT. Mechanic's yard is on a dirt road. Dust + rain/snow = dirty car :(

exhaust looks really smart garrick and those seats are lush! they work perfectly with the car , cant wait to see future mods :) :P

Another good job garrick :thumbsup:

jerry!!

Good job but is it just me or is the exhaust not straight???

:rolleyes:

There's always one...

No it's just you and some cleaver trick photography :P

Seriously though, you are not wrong. The exit pipes are not level, but there's not much that can be done without getting someone with tube bending equipment. The exhaust is second (or even 3rd) hand and got it for a steal so not complaining ;)

Thanks for the comments though, positive or negative :thumbsup:

I have never really cared what the car looks like as long as it's not going to fall to bits from rust. It's primarily a track car so performance and handling is all that matters. It's also bound to collect cones and a tyre wall or two...

On our last R/R day (a few months ago, before any performance mods) it was the oldest MKI on the rollers and got more torque than any of the other unmodded N/A MKI's. It came 3rd in torque stakes overall - just under an N/A running 75bhp shots of laughing gas and a seriously modded N/A with pistons, cams, pullies, increased compression etc... Since fitting the exhaust it feals loads more torquey so can't wait to get it on the rollers again.

Just messing with you Garrick :lol:

I know how much of a pain in the a*se they can be, i've done a few myself?!?!?

Looks great and good luck on track with it :thumbsup:

Just messing with you Garrick :lol:

I know how much of a pain in the a*se they can be, i've done a few myself?!?!?

I know dude, was just jousting back :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links