Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mygo's Planned Mods

citizen_erased

Well I am planning on making a few mods to my aygo nothing chav like just going to get a subwoofer, new gear knob. new aeriel(tried stealing my mums but it didn't fit as it was a honda :crybaby: the glove box door and a rev counter. As toyota want you to believe this is a factory fitted option they dont let you buy one but you can purchase one from peugeot for £30 as it says in the price list although my local pegeot dealer quoted me at £174 to buy and fit it. To fit it you need to take the plastic bit off round the dashboard and there should be a slot to fit the rev counter in so all you really have to do is buy a rev counter and hope it comes with the new plastic bit you need to fit it round the dash board. Well thats what I plan to do within the next few weeks and i will keep you all posted on information and in the case of the rev counter I will take pictures to post on the forum. Hopefully I wont ruin my brand new car but my dads helping out so fingers crossed*crosses fingers*

P.S. I now know why you shouldn't buy a black car it was filthy on the second car around here:P

Also everyone has been complaining about the passenger door not activating the doorlight. Well as its also available in mainland europe they have the space for the switch on the passenger side of the door so in the best case scenario all you need to do is to buy a switch and fit it in. Thats if they had the wireing in there or if they left it out completely. In that case I might try and wire it in while dismantling as little of the car as possible...Once again wish me and my 5 day old aygo luck in this mod.

Also everyone has been complaining about the passenger door not activating the doorlight. Well as its also available in mainland europe they have the space for the switch on the passenger side of the door so in the best case scenario all you need to do is to buy a switch and fit it in. Thats if they had the wireing in there or if they left it out completely. In that case I might try and wire it in while dismantling as little of the car as possible...Once again wish me and my 5 day old aygo luck in this mod.

I think you may have to order the surround separately but i have taken the rev counter off when fitting fog lights and it was all quite simple.

On your second point i have had the same idea and i looked up the wiring diagram. It was only appearing in left hand drive despite my putting in my cars exact details, but it showed the wiring to all be there for both side so you may have some luck here. let us know how it goes

interiorlight1.jpg

Main dash connector

interiorlight2.jpg

Left hand door connector

interiorlight3.jpg

You can see the connector visable on the right hand side of this picture

Hope this helps and good luck

Thank you very much that helps alot! Will keep you updated. I'm orderi ng the rev counter from peugeot so will ask them if it comes with the case or not anyone else done this?

Hi that all sounds good! My Aygo is 2 days old and you've given me inspiration for some mods too! Already chosen some wheels!

Are you getting the glove box door from Peugeot?

And do you have any idea where I can get a facia adaptor for a new stereo, I'm not having any luck finding one and desperate to get my own headunit in!

Yeh I'm getting the glovebox from peugeot someone on the boards already done it and isn't happy with it but I need one.

I have no idea where to get the stereo thing sounds like something you might need to get custom made.

And do you have any idea where I can get a facia adaptor for a new stereo, I'm not having any luck finding one and desperate to get my own headunit in!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Radio-Rahmen-Blende-...1QQcmdZViewItem

I know its in a foriegn country but i spotted it the other day while browssing on eBay and says its available to UK.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links