Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Spokless Rims

Kerby

just found these on a local site to me. apparently they were custom made from some sort of bullet proof material. looks wierd yet cool to me

spokelessrims14yv2ua.jpg

spokelessrims25da5iq.jpg

it is cool, but you could only use them in the US, as trying to corner would create to much stress on them.....

bullet proof glass/plastic etc isnt as strong as people think, its designed to hold back the bullet while absorbing impact, a wheel rotating induces different stresses......

........still bloody cool though

i thik they look !Removed!. Any would like to see how the road salt and grit wouldmake it look!

Look horrible, but each to their own. Theyre different and il give him/her credit for having the balls to do it.

I agree with Mat!! the Bullet proof "glass" worls liek the polycarbonate body shells on RC cars... it uses its natural flexability to absorb the bullets momentum and spread the energy overa surfece... great for stopping projectiles, rubbish for withstanding lateral and torsional loads!

Another worrying factor is the very limited air flow for cooling the brake disks!!!!

Told ya it would be marmite Chris ;) hehehee

me?.. dunno.. I think ill stick to my nice silvery spoked alloys :)

Great as a show piece to be honest! You'd need some really nice disks and calipers to start with though! :blink:

Another worrying factor is the very limited air flow for cooling the brake disks!!!!

Also, the alloy wheel is designed (if thay are not chavvie Halfords ones) to dissipate heat .. how would polycarbonate do that? Boiled fluid at 5 mph .. nice.

Also, the alloy wheel is designed (if thay are not chavvie Halfords ones) to dissipate heat .. how would polycarbonate do that? Boiled fluid at 5 mph .. nice.

Halfords sell BBS, OZ, Momo wheels..... Chavvie ??

Halfords sell wheels because they look good ;) regardless of quality etc... and sell about a billion to the masses, how many cars have you seen with superleggys (or whatever) or fords with super turismos, or them fox things that weigh about 18kilos each :lol:

some people desire the more exclusive lightweight jappy items, hence why youll never see a skyline etc... with a set of 400quid halford special 17s ;)

i think the clear wheels are awesome! but only in show spec, would be useless on the road as per fore mentioned reasons

They look sweet but you'll need massive brakes for them to be worthwhile! :thumbsup:

Look funky, but as has been echoed above, I wouldn't put them on a car for the road....

alright till they have dog **** splatted up the back side of them

Liking the comment and liking your avatar! ;) :thumbsup:

I'm not keen....

Theres something about having some form of metal (be it steel or alloy) on a wheel.... I just dont think that looks nice.... :unsure:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links