Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mr2 Aw11

european_bob

Just required an AW11 MR2.. and i dont know what to do with it..

It runs which is a bouns.roof leaks and has some paint work to be done but i dont know what to do with it?? im already spending a arm and a leg on the AE92 so nothing crazy...

anyone??

Tart it up, sell it on.

Become a Goldie and flog it on here.

If it was a minter I'd know some buyers.

Have a look on IMOC and MR2OC .. there is now a MR2 race series, so people are after cars now ..

i take it you mean aquired not required?

and i certainly think if you cant keep it, sell it on..

"Yeah that to Fidgits" :thumbsup:

Well it kinda makes sense to keep it but im sure someone else would have alot more time for it than i have @ the mo.

As for becoming gold to sell it on here... is crazy... what do i get for becoming gold.. discout from Toyota?

BoB

more than just Toyota, who host of other discounts .. but hey ;)

What is it? A T-Bar, Tintop or Sunroof? Colour?

If it's a t-bar you're looking at around 100quid to replace the seals (brand new from the US) or find someone breaking on eBay for good seconds.

What's the body work like? Subframe / Arch rust / Bubbling?

How long's the MOT? If you're selling on then a long MOT is a bonus as should mean the subframe's sound. If it needs some work, then it could make a could MR2 Challenge project / trackday donor car. If it's dire - break for spares and repairs and flog them on eBay or owners clubs :thumbsup:

Red T-Bars in good nick (not pink/orange) sell quite quickly. White ones are harder to shift as they have to be near mint to look good... same with the other lighter colours.

I think he is being sarcastic as I know he works for toyota :lol::lol:

I think he is being sarcastic as I know he works for toyota :lol::lol:

I know too .. he is Mr Octagon ;)

What is it? A T-Bar, Tintop or Sunroof? Colour?

If it's a t-bar you're looking at around 100quid to replace the seals (brand new from the US) or find someone breaking on ebay for good seconds.

What's the body work like? Subframe / Arch rust / Bubbling?

How long's the MOT? If you're selling on then a long MOT is a bonus as should mean the subframe's sound. If it needs some work, then it could make a could MR2 Challenge project / trackday donor car. If it's dire - break for spares and repairs and flog them on ebay or owners clubs :thumbsup:

Red T-Bars in good nick sell quite quickly. White ones are harder to shift as they have to be near mint to look good... same with the other lighter colours.

Your in the know than Caz..

It is a T-Bar and its blue,ive priced the seals up @£140 but if u or anyone else knows where i can get the cheaper would be nice..

Body is kinda ok.. There is some rust and paint work to be done but ive no worries thers as ive a paint shop on site..

As for the state of it underneath ive not had it in the air yet so i get back to u on that one..

BoB

It is a T-Bar and its blue,ive priced the seals up @£140 but if u or anyone else knows where i can get the cheaper would be nice..

Body is kinda ok.. There is some rust and paint work to be done but ive no worries thers as ive a paint shop on site..

As for the state of it underneath ive not had it in the air yet so i get back to u on that one..

BoB

Hiya Bob,

Is it the light 'Helios' (but this is technically the wrong name) blue - almost silverish in appearance, or the dark 'Mica' blue - royal coloured?

Helios blue is a bit of an aquired taste and one of the lighter colours, although a great condition t-bar is quite uncommon. The Mica blue is a bit more accessable and probably easier to sell (simple things like it looks really good polished up etc).

I'll have a dig around for the US suppliers, many will tell you KBox is the cheapest but this isn't always the case. If you've priced up the seals at £140 then that isn't too bad if they're brand new in the UK. Mr T's prices can vary from extortionate to darn right expensive (unless of course you get a handy staff discount ;) )

If you can get the paintwork and rust sorted quite cheaply (make sure you get a proper job done on the rust otherwise it'll come back to haunt you) then it sounds well worth your while to fix this up and sell on. Get it ready just before the Summer and you'll be laughing ;)

BoB

Hiya Bob,

Is it the light 'Helios' (but this is technically the wrong name) blue - almost silverish in appearance, or the dark 'Mica' blue - royal coloured?

Helios blue is a bit of an aquired taste and one of the lighter colours, although a great condition t-bar is quite uncommon. The Mica blue is a bit more accessable and probably easier to sell (simple things like it looks really good polished up etc).

I'll have a dig around for the US suppliers, many will tell you KBox is the cheapest but this isn't always the case. If you've priced up the seals at £140 then that isn't too bad if they're brand new in the UK. Mr T's prices can vary from extortionate to darn right expensive (unless of course you get a handy staff discount ;) )

If you can get the paintwork and rust sorted quite cheaply (make sure you get a proper job done on the rust otherwise it'll come back to haunt you) then it sounds well worth your while to fix this up and sell on. Get it ready just before the Summer and you'll be laughing ;)

Your a star Caz ! ;)

The seals ive priced up are from work and thats cost price.. might as well just go with them..

As for the colour its the dark blue colour(trafalgar blue).

Im not looking at making much on it but just to make sure it dont end up and a scrap yard !!

Probably be fun over the summer..

BoB

No probs,

Yep - I'd say you might as well stick with the seals you've sourced, as you'll get them quicker at any rate ;)

To be honest, if you got the car for next to nothing and you can tidy it up at cost prices, the engine is sound and it passes a MOT, then I think you could be onto a winner. Always worth keeping an eye on eBay incase a near new part turns up though.

One thing that may put buyers off is a lack of history/documentation though. Have you got any?

No probs,

Yep - I'd say you might as well stick with the seals you've sourced, as you'll get them quicker at any rate ;)

To be honest, if you got the car for next to nothing and you can tidy it up at cost prices, the engine is sound and it passes a MOT, then I think you could be onto a winner. Always worth keeping an eye on ebay incase a near new part turns up though.

The only thing that may put buyers off is a lack of history/documentation. Have you got any?

LOL Thats the only thing it aint lacking in is paper work.. full toyota history upto 93,000 in 1998

LOL Thats the only thing it aint lacking in is paper work.. full toyota history upto 93,000 in 1998

That's good news as it's quite rare to get one with FTSH up to that mileage. Do you have the previous MOTs too? What's the mileage as it stands?

That's good news as it's quite rare to get one with FTSH up to that mileage. Do you have the previous MOTs too? What's the mileage as it stands?

Its got a few old mot slips but not all off um for some reason.. And its got 113'000 on the clock..

Was having a closer look this morning and i cant see any rot... ! the side sils skirts off on one side @ the rear and it seems tough and in one piece.. Drove it home last night after not being started for 3 years... Battery was dead and still is(i hope).brakes were seized on tight but it still drove really well..

QUITE LOOKING FORWARD NOW TO SORTING IT OUT !

BoB

Sounds like a good project. Keep an eye on those brakes -and- the handbrake. You don't want it seizing or even not working at all (a brick behind each rear wheel should stop it rolling back on the drive if this is so).

Pictures!!

:thumbsup:

Personally, Bob, I'd ditch the GTi (if that's what it is?) and make a go of the MKI. (speaking from experience here) Don't get me wrong my GTi was a great car, but the MKI is much better by far!

If the GTi one of the late spec Non-Tvis 4A-GE engines I'd scrap the GTi and keep the engine for the MKI. The non-tvis engines are torquey as hell - far more than the standard early spec 5-rib tvis 4A-GE engine found in MKI's, AE82's and early AE92 GTi's.

Only thing would be to try and mate the GTi's wiring loom the the MKI's wiring loom - not easy at all due to the different layouts and wiring colours on the loom. Many have tried and failed. None have succeeded to my knowlege. Although the Non-Tvis 4A-GE run on the standard MKI engine.

Personally, Bob, I'd ditch the GTi (if that's what it is?) and make a go of the MKI. (speaking from experience here) Don't get me wrong my GTi was a great car, but the MKI is much better by far!

If the GTi one of the late spec Non-Tvis 4A-GE engines I'd scrap the GTi and keep the engine for the MKI. The non-tvis engines are torquey as hell - far more than the standard early spec 5-rib tvis 4A-GE engine found in MKI's, AE82's and early AE92 GTi's.

Only thing would be to try and mate the GTi's wiring loom the the MKI's wiring loom - not easy at all due to the different layouts and wiring colours on the loom. Many have tried and failed. None have succeeded to my knowlege. Although the Non-Tvis 4A-GE run on the standard MKI engine.

scrap the AE92(late spec) ----- Dont fink so... Sorry but i love that damn car... its gonna be spotless... clean paint... and low mileage... and gettin a 4agze conversion..

BUT im am down for making a good go at the mr2.. would be nice for the summer but its nothing compared to me rolla... thats y i will move it on but not before ive given it a little TLC...

I'd choose the MR2 over the rolla every time, but surely if you're going to do a 4AGZE swap you'll have a spare non-TVIS 4AGE for the MR2 anyway? :)

In that case, Bob, continue with the GTi and keep it original and *****ise the MKI with loads of power :thumbsup:

3S-GTE conversion sir? :yes:

I'd choose the MR2 over the rolla every time, but surely if you're going to do a 4AGZE swap you'll have a spare non-TVIS 4AGE for the MR2 anyway? :)

Im sure alot of people out there would rather have the MR2 over the Corolla but ive spent alot of time and money on the Corolla and still have work being done as we speak..

Yeah there be a free 4age,but thats just another job to add to the list...

In that case, Bob, continue with the GTi and keep it original and *****ise the MKI with loads of power :thumbsup:

3S-GTE conversion sir? :yes:

That'd be mental... mk1 mr2 3sgte.. 250bhp in something that weighs less than an empty shoe box !

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links