Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Engine Rebuild

mrfil13

Anyone know the cost of an engine rebuild roughly for an N/A. Was looking at a red rev 3 n/a but it did not state the miles. i know these engines are strong as anything so i was just curious as to how much it is. I would be best saving the money on a rebuild for bush's etc but worth a stab. cheers

TBH, a rebuild is as costly as you want it to be .. and what needs replacing.

But a whole engine swap starts about 2k ..

Anyone know the cost of an engine rebuild roughly for an N/A. Was looking at a red rev 3 n/a but it did not state the miles. i know these engines are strong as anything so i was just curious as to how much it is. I would be best saving the money on a rebuild for bush's etc but worth a stab. cheers

im havin me turbo engine rebuilt and ive been quoted £1200!!!

if thats just for the rebuild work thats about right. if it is for taking out and refitting as well seems cheap. what pistons you having and if forged are you supplying?

if thats just for the rebuild work thats about right. if it is for taking out and refitting as well seems cheap. what pistons you having and if forged are you supplying?

thats just for a standard rebuild back to factory spec, but it includes engine in and running and he picked it up from me mums house. you will know, why do they seize up? it went sqeak clunk and the revs dropped off and then cut out

thats just for a standard rebuild back to factory spec, but it includes engine in and running and he picked it up from me mums house. you will know, why do they seize up? it went sqeak clunk and the revs dropped off and then cut out

Its probably the big ends or the oil pump.

The funny thing with it was, it didn,t light the oil light up before total failure. at first i thought it was the cambelt had skipped a few teeth but after looking the cams turned freely without interference.

i haven,t made an attempt to turn the crank to hopefully the will be minimum damage to the shells and big ends.

The funny thing with it was, it didn,t light the oil light up before total failure. at first i thought it was the cambelt had skipped a few teeth but after looking the cams turned freely without interference.

i haven,t made an attempt to turn the crank to hopefully the will be minimum damage to the shells and big ends.

My dad had a car once where a gear in the oil pump snapped, this was enough to seize the engine completely, there was no warning at all. There was no other damage to the engine so once the oil pump was fixed the engine went again.

My dad had a car once where a gear in the oil pump snapped, this was enough to seize the engine completely, there was no warning at all. There was no other damage to the engine so once the oil pump was fixed the engine went again.

MMMMMmmm. they maybe hope but im having the job lot done anyway

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links