Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Newbie - Just Bought Mr2 Mk1 - Need Help!

ELLIE

Hi to the forum.

I've not used anything like this before so if I've done it all wrong, I'll say sorry before I begin! :unsure:

After buying a week or so ago put my MR2 MK1 in for MOT as its been stood in previous owners garage and drive for last 18 months. Good news is that it'll only take a bit of welding and a new exhaust to get it back on the road.

Now thats the easy bit.

The hard bit comes with the bodywork. All is good except .... yep .... the rear wheel arches. My budget doesnt have room for super duper fabby dabby extras. I need to source suppliers of bog standard replacement arches. Search on Google and you get a million and one wrong answers. So I thought some of you seasoned owners out there may be able to help me.

Be grateful for any info I really would like my car to be A1 (well as A1 as an 18 year old car can be!) before I take to the road again.

I would have put a piccy on, but havn't fathomed out how to do it!

Thanks in advance.

hi, firstly welcome to the club :thumbsup:

Sorry i'm not much clued up about MK1's

but after visting fensports a few time's i've noticed they stock alot of spare parts for them.

So that would be my first port of call

http://www.fensport.co.uk/parts.htm

or tel: 01354 696968

other than that theres a few good salvage depts located round the country that have alot of mr2's in.

hope that helps.

Thx for the welcome, have noted the website, no wheel arches but very interesting for other bits, thx again

You can get dedicated rear arch section for the car through the mr2mk1club.com or follow this link:

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/panels.html

Fensport (above) are good for engine related bits, but can be a tad pricey. They do not do body panel to my knowledge.

Rear arch problems are very common every member I know has had issues with them. But it's not just MK1's - it's quite a few Jap cars. They were experimenting with soundproofing and impregnating foam inbetween metal layers and then sealing off - it didn't quite go to plan. Once the rust is in - it's in and there's no getting rid of it until all offending bits are cut out completely :rolleyes:

Unfortunately there is no "cheap" option for replacing arches. Typical costs will be around £500... which will include panels fitting and painting.

Most bodyshops will be able to fit virtually any arch, but it will cost more.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links