Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Jae Jae Jaeeeee, Jae Jae Jaaaeeeeeeee

Kerby

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JustJJ

• jaxx

• Demonic Angel

• Ken

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to ask a question. Who do we pay for the JAE tickets and when? Don't know as I have not been to JAE before.

Just a thought, is someone going to take over my reign as worlds most drunken man this year, unfortunatley as most of you know its my grandparent's golden wedding around that time, and i shall be jetting off to Spain for the celebrations on the Friday of JAE!

Gutted! :crybaby::horse:

I will take over! no problems there my friend :thumbsup:

shame you'll be away though :(

Hide the Vodka :!Removed!: :sick:

mmmm vodka. No. No. Keep it away from me. Some of my most embarrassing moments have happened when I have drunk vodka.

hehehe... I seem to remember getting a clubstand pass from Ken last year.. n BBQ pass... but we paid on the door for JAE? I think was sooooooooo long ago now

i'm actually not too fussed this year...

last years was no where near as good as previous years - the new venue lacked any atmosphere..

last years was no where near as good as previous years - the new venue lacked any atmosphere..

They are trying to improve it for this year - see my post in the meets section ;)

Maybe if you pitched up with us lot you'd have a better time? :laughing:

They are trying to improve it for this year - see my post in the meets section ;)

Maybe if you pitched up with us lot you'd have a better time? :laughing:

The last time i was in a tent it was JAE 03 and after 1 night i threw the towel in and got a hotel for the second night...

which was handy, as those that did stay camping were flooded out by a terrential downpour in the night :lol:

I'll probably turn up, but im lacking any excitement or expectation...

It was pants cause of the weather... and yeah the layout was a little lacking... but hey... its what you make of it yes?

I think that by pitching up with everyone its a bit more fun... if the sun shines.. and the BBQ rolls out... we should have a pretty cool time... perhaps we need to organised the stand in a more friendly way?... last year it was a little spubik...

The stand should be centred on us... -and- the cars.. not just all the pretty cars :P

It was pants cause of the weather... and yeah the layout was a little lacking... but hey... its what you make of it yes?

I think that by pitching up with everyone its a bit more fun... if the sun shines.. and the BBQ rolls out... we should have a pretty cool time... perhaps we need to organised the stand in a more friendly way?... last year it was a little spubik...

The stand should be centred on us... -and- the cars.. not just all the pretty cars :P

Good idea JJ - btw that sware filter is getting more strict each day. Am I right in thinking you wrote Sp@rse? :rolleyes:

LOL yeah!! .... man cant even write sp@rse... thats dreadful :P... oh well

:lol: yep the filter is picking out words within words :lol:

as for JAE i think i've been going to long, this year will be my 6th :wacko:

i'm feeling the same as fidgets i'll prob turn up not sure if i'll do two days though,

if i do i'll drive home sat and come back sunday.

i enjoyed the hotel last year having a chat and a laugh in the bar.

i missed billing too,i used to like watching the jet skies from the bar :D

Hey - last year was my first so wasn't really qualified to compare it to Billing... *but* how about we try to make it the best for TOC and having a big old knees up. If we're all there and having fun, it will be good. A few new peeps will be there and the camping virgins are even giving it a go too... I'm still excited :thumbsup: ;)

Thats what I figure.... its what you make of it :P (see previous post)... if you go to it expecting it to be a bit pants... well thats not the right attitude...

I say we all get together... try to have a proper 'TOC Village' this time.. and all have a party together.. none of the breaking off into groups crap lol

but surely the 'toc village' should have been on the TOC stand JJ - rather than off in your own little clique in the campsite?

but yes, there were far too many individual groups last year, whereas previous years it was much more integrated, sure people stick in groups with their friends, but there appeared to be more mingling in previous years...

just IMO of course...

It wasnt allowed on the stand Ian as if anyone was camping -on- the stand.. they had to be off it by 9am Sunday... which isnt what people wanted to do... so the tents -had- to be off to one side in the camping zone :rolleyes:

If we were allowed to integrate it all wouldnt have been a problem *shrugs

Tho TOC has got a lot bigger... certain groups are bound to form... but by the end of the evening most of us were sat around on the club stand.. sambuca doing the rounds... glo stick warpaint on.. and having a right old laugh... and when I say most.. I mean most... North, South, Midlands, Scotland, Ireland.. the lot...

It still down to people's attitudes tho....

there was nothing to stop you sitting on the stand rather than in the tents though..

and it wasnt just that, and your right, it was down to peoples attitudes, of which there were far too many cliquey attitudes last time...

Yup there wasnt anything to stop us sitting on the stand... which we all did in the evening... but you had gone by then.

It was segregated... but then those over by the tents said.. sod it.. and we all came together to have fun :)

But yeah... attitudes... hence why im hoping this year will be better...

Must say the showground itself felt a little odd.. (even tho I was only at Billing for one day)... it felt big... if we can make it seem more 'cosy' (for want of a better word) I reckon might work better... especially if all that Caz found out about is true..

well yes, but everyone was in bed for 10pm on friday (apart from a few peeps) and saturday was clique city while i was there...

i even came over to your little village, but even knowing half the peeps i didnt feel welcome, so yes i didnt see the point in staying..

anyway, this is not a conversation for the public forums...

Last year was sh*te .. BIG time ..

I really don't know if I can be bothered this year. Last was all hyped to be better than the rest and due to several factors it was pony.

Rubbish venue, a LOT of attention wh*res and drama queens .. where the previous years it was all about turning up and getting well and truely "faced".

That was my 4th, and probably my last JAE.

If anyone doesn't want to go, that's fair enough no one says you have to and you might as well not if you're already convinced you'll have a bad time, lets face it. You have to decide for yourself if it's worth it or not, like any venue/meet. :thumbsup:

As for cliques, I was chatting to loads of people throughout the day and moved around various gatherings, that were all extremely welcoming. Lee and I were actually looking out for you Ian but didn't see you all weekend, I guess we kept missing each other :unsure:

One thing I really hope doesn't happen this year is the bouncing off the rev-limiters. It's embarassing and ruins the stand... but that was all dealt with at the time ;)

There was alot of cliques last year but i dont think where our club stand was helped,

it was out on its own at the end,sort of out the way.

And not having other club stands around us left us out on our own.

but saying that its not just TOC members that have said it about last years JAE ;)

other clubs noticed the lack of atmosphere too.

I just feel that the venue change was a mistake .. and having the camping away from the stands was a bit strange. I liked the randomness of Billing.

Will see come summer .. The car is almost finished now, so who knows.

I just feel that the venue change was a mistake .. and having the camping away from the stands was a bit strange. I liked the randomness of Billing.

Will see come summer .. The car is almost finished now, so who knows.

You'll be there Bibbs - too much to show off ;) :D

Is Jae again not a billing this year then?

Nope, same place as last year.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links