Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris T rant-is it me?

Peter D

Well guys being a bit of a fanatic (and lets face it,most of us reading this are!) I thought the T sport needed a proper back box. It's ironic that my previous Yaris S.R. came with a "baked bean can" sports back box and the T has to make do with what looks like a Macdonalds straw wrapped in tin foil, anyway back to the story.

I found after many enquiries that Sebring have just started doing a back box for a fairly reasonable £170. Just before ordering I rang my insurers-an extra £30 on my premium as long as it didn't increase the performance!

This doesn't seem a lot but I feel an enthusiast is penalised for wanting to make the car what it sould have been in the first place.

Maybe we should march on Toyota U.K. demanding an increase in exhaust size-or am I just overeacting?

• 6 years later...

-or am I just overeacting?

Just a little bit............ :P ;) :lol:

Calm down........................I would think that you have calmed down by now....................The original post was 2002.............. :P ;) :lol::lol:

Why do you rake them up Nerfie? :rolleyes:

The last stage in the exhaust, so-named because it literally is a box at the back of the car :D

Most exhaust systems usually have 2 or 3 'boxes' which you can see if you jack the car up and look underneath.

The other ones usually house catalysts, while the 'back box' usually houses the muffler and is the last box before the exhaust pipe.

The muffler in particular produces a fair bit of back-pressure, but replacements can be had which reduce back-pressure at the expense of increased noise.

Why do you rake them up Nerfie? :rolleyes:

As far as I'm aware, it's the first I've resurrected.

Not only that, I swear this was on the front page.... I rarely go back past the front page so I'm confused by this. Prehaps, I was searching for some info about something and got a little confused, while intoxicated. :S

Maybe spammers?

One of the other 'boards I frequent have this problem where spammers post crap to random posts, often ones years old, which brings the post to the 'Recent posts' page, but then the mods delete the spam post, but it stays on the recent posts page!

Maybe spammers?

One of the other 'boards I frequent have this problem where spammers post crap to random posts, often ones years old, which brings the post to the 'Recent posts' page, but then the mods delete the spam post, but it stays on the recent posts page!

Cheers Cyker,

I'll go along with that :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links