Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

It Bit Me

__Nick__

Right,

Total novice question here, but after constantly hearing about "cubbie holes" behind the seats, i went to investigate. Had spotted them before but throught they were just covers for Speakers or something!

Had a quick investigate, looked to see if there were any clever switches to open them...nothing. So if at 1st you dont succeed - force it! I renched at one of them and it ripped some of the skin off of my thumb :angry:

And to top it all off, the "cubbie holes" are filled with whatever that is behind the seat! (Speakers?) - so not the most successful venture i've had recently! Is that all they are? covers?

Didn't even find any forgotton secrets in there :crybaby:

Well the good news is that you have the premium sound system fitted.

Those Speakers are subs!

rev1's had a sub on the passenger side and a cubby with a lock on the drivers side, later models get 2 subs

You have what is called the 'Active' sounds system.. as rico said.. the top notch one.. those are two subs behind the seats... I ahve the same.. and they arent half bad actually :P lol

Oh.. and MR2s do bite.... they like blood :P

Well the good news is that you have the premium sound system fitted.

Those speakers are subs!

rev1's had a sub on the passenger side and a cubby with a lock on the drivers side, later models get 2 subs

Suddenly the injury almost seems worthwhile :thumbsup:

Edit: but is there a technique to opening these, or do i wear gloves next time? :(

What I have found... is go for the middle... if you can get that open then the ends come easily... oh.. and get your fingers under the lip of it... once of twice it has taken some of my nail with it :P

that or a screwdriver for leverage ;)

What I have found... is go for the middle... if you can get that open then the ends come easily... oh.. and get your fingers under the lip of it... once of twice it has taken some of my nail with it :P

that or a screwdriver for leverage ;)

I love the subtle approach...a flippin screwdriver!!! :eek:

You can pull them from the front upwards,

they are on a flap but they are held down with fairly strong plastic clips

Just need to use some effort NOT A SCREWDRIVER!!!! lol

Screwdriver is fine... lol.. just be gentle ffs ;) if the plastic clips are pretty stubborn anyways... some of them are easier to lift than others... but its not rocket science :P

Reminds me... need to take Skye to bits again... thats a job for Saturday prolly.. hopefully it will be dry

Hi Guys,

After reading the last posts, what sort of speaker system do i have on my '94 Mr2 NA. Just wondering if i have the two subs also. Where are these located?

Cheers

flip seat forward... and you will see a ledge behind them... if these have speaker grills on the front.. and when you open them they are full of a large black plastic box.. you got the active system... if they are empty for you to store your stuff in.. you havent :thumbsup:

flip seat forward... and you will see a ledge behind them... if these have speaker grills on the front.. and when you open them they are full of a large black plastic box.. you got the active system... if they are empty for you to store your stuff in.. you havent :thumbsup:

Just be carefull how you open the :censor: things!!

Gloves or a screwdriver (:P) are reccomended!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links