Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Sound System

sullsims

Hey

I've noticed the rear Speakers are pretty bad in the back of my Aygo. Im thinking of changing them to infinity's and getting a sub and 2 channel amp, if anyone has any suggestions, or if anyone has actually installed a sub and new Speakers in there Aygo, please let me know how you got on...

and what its sounds like

Cheers :eek:

***Sound system!

I've been seriously considering upgrading the sound system in my Aygo since day 1.

The rear Speakers should be simple enough to replace with any set of 13.5cm Speakers (I think thats the right size)

However, this will only improve the sound quality (although in my opinion this is more important)

If it's an increase in volume you're after then you might not notice a huge difference. The stereo only supplies around 13.5 watts to the rear Speakers.

To get crisp sounds AND a considerable volume increase you may need to power you're speakers through an amp or replace the head unit to one that provides more power to your component speakers (say, 4 x 45 watt)

If you want to wire in an amped sub it shouldn't be to tricky as long as the stereo has the appropriate wiring at the back. I haven't looked at the back of the Aygo's stereo and so I'm not sure if this is the case.

If anyone can get hold of a wiring diagram that would be handy

Then all you need is access through the bulkhead to the Battery and space to keep your wires tidy

Let me know how it goes and if you need any pointers I'll try to help :thumbsup:

Some wiring diagrams for you

radioandspeakers.jpg

Radio and Speakers

radiowiring.jpg

Large audio diagram

smallradiowiring.jpg

small diagram

radioconnections.jpg

Radio connections

8410 Radio

8422 LH Front

8423 RH Front

BF01 Fuse box under bonnet

PR01 passenger compartment relay board

B002 mixed bridge block 2

BB00 Battery

CA00 Ignition switch

0004 Instrument panel

IC90A Fascia harness

MC35 Body earth point

Hope this is of help

Nice one, good work...

Im thinking of just getting the 13.5 cm Speakers in the back and a 10inch sub, can you recommend any specific make of sub and amp that id need to buy? What watt etc...

Cheers :)

Personally I'd recommend Sony for good, all round sound systems.

Their X-Plod range is particularly good and excellent value for money

In my old car I had a Sony X-Plod 12 inch sub with the matching X-Plod Amp.

If you want a 10 inch sub, I'd recommend the Sony X-L101P5S Sub with either the Sony XM-SD12X or

XM-SD14X Amplifier.

Let us know how this goes

I have a Fli Audio active sub and i think personally its very good because you don't need a separate amp for it (as its built in, saves space) and it kicks really well. As i havent got my aygo yet i can't comment on how it would sound specifically in an aygo but everyone heard me in my seat arosa. try http://www.fliaudio.com

and heres a picture of it in my old car.

(sorry bout the quality phone camera)

stereo1.JPG

stereo2.JPG

stereo3.JPG

http://vicpresley.50megs.com/stereo1.JPG http://vicpresley.50megs.com/stereo2.JPG http://vicpresley.50megs.com/stereo3.JPG

(Reload the pages a couple of times and the pictures should come up)

And thats a fully custom made shelf for the 6x9's (inifinity reference's) because the original shelf wasn't very well suited to take the 6x9's as it was.

I got my stuff from a local shop but i think Halfords also supply fli audio equipment.

For when i get my aygo im planning on installing the sub you see in the pictures and changing all the Speakers but i don't know if i want an aftermarket headunit as it may ruin the look of the dashboard.

Hey

I've noticed the rear speakers are pretty bad in the back of my Aygo. Im thinking of changing them to infinity's and getting a sub and 2 channel amp, if anyone has any suggestions, or if anyone has actually installed a sub and new speakers in there Aygo, please let me know how you got on...

and what its sounds like

Cheers :eek:

***Sound system!

I've got my Aygo last Thursday, and I'm enjoying it a lot. One thing that stroke me was the absence of any bit of sound from the rear Speakers when "fade =0", i.e. neutral balance between front and rear.

To have the rearspeakers contribute to the total sound almost equally with the front ones, I have to set the fader to R(ear) +5. Do you all experience the same or is it just mine :unsure:

Cheers

Djoezz

ok, I'm not that good with radios so please tell me:

Which speakerbox can I put in the backpanel (? :P)

In my aygo there are 6 Speakers I mean the ones in the back. And how can I chance them? the wide and depth please

ok, I'm not that good with radios so please tell me:

Which speakerbox can I put in the backpanel (? :P)

In my aygo there are 6 speakers I mean the ones in the back. And how can I chance them? the wide and depth please

Simple as unscrewing them and !Removed! on your desired ones so long as they are the same size. Connect up the wires from the old Speakers to your new ones by cutting and soldering the connections and taping them up.

Some people might also put something like dynamat (sound proofing) inside the door to give it more of a depth to the sound.

Gonna be honest and say as I havent got my Aygo yet I haven't done it on an Aygo but I have done a few cars and would think its the same.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links