Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Labour Rates

rav-U-like

I noticed from one of the posts that they were being charged £90 per hour labour at there local Toyota dealer :eek: (sounds expensive, must have been Mr D Turpin doing the work!). I thought it would be interesting if we could build up an idea of what current rates are around the country, are they all standard ? i dont know. If you have had work done recently what were you charged ? and what area of the country....

My Rav is about out of warrenty (not a thing wrong !) so im wondering how much it will cost me in future, also may help others to know if they are getting a good deal.

Paul

I noticed from one of the posts that they were being charged £90 per hour labour at there local Toyota dealer :eek: (sounds expensive, must have been Mr D Turpin doing the work!). I thought it would be interesting if we could build up an idea of what current rates are around the country, are they all standard ? i dont know. If you have had work done recently what were you charged ? and what area of the country....

My Rav is about out of warrenty (not a thing wrong !) so im wondering how much it will cost me in future, also may help others to know if they are getting a good deal.

Paul

Just a side note... if you are a TOC Gold member you can get upto 15% discount at selected Toyota dealerships up and down the UK, details can be found in the Gold members section :thumbsup: .

They are not referred to as "stealerships" for nothing.

In my experience the quality of their work is no better than a good independant garage. Once my warranty is up its goodbye Mr T.

I personally don't trust these guys at all. Behind all the fancy showrooms and free coffee you don't know whats going on. My dealer gets very nervous when I ask if I can watch.

Don't be fooled by the fact that they have washed your car. Some of them can't even do a proper job of that!.

So, the free coffee, newspapers etc are not really free - £90 per hour covers it quite nicely thank you.

My advice - find a good Toyota independant with no frills, that will let you watch your car being serviced and will not throw in unnecessary extras like £2 for a spoonful of screenwash.

You pays your money and takes your choice!

I use an independant Toyota dealer here in Berkshire. It's run a by a local business man with three or four different businesses in the area. He knows his reputation is on the line if one of his businesses screws up. I have always had excelent service from them. They lost my booking one day, but still took the car in the scheduled task with out question or fuss. They also have a large viewing area for customers wishing to see work being carried out on their cars. Yes I a pay little more than other car dealers charge in the area (about 2 or 3%) for the service they provide, but it is well worth it to aviod the problems friends and I my self had had with other dealers for other manufacturers.

I used to drive a French car, it was sent back four times after a paint job was done badly. After they got the paint job right, they had to replace the windscreen because they damaged it, I was less than impressed as were my insurance company!

• 2 weeks later...

"Once my warranty is up its goodbye Mr T.

I personally don't trust these guys at all. "

I believe that you don't need to have your car serviced at a main dealer for the warranty to be valid, so long it is stamped from real garage.

cheers, ahab

My understanding is that the first year is a Toyota warranty so you can have the car serviced at any reputable garage. (Define reputable) but years 2&3 are dealer warranty so you need to have the car serviced at the dealers. Anyone think otherwise?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links