Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

My Last Track Day :)

System~G

Just a quick write up of our most recent exploits on track with red Betty:

Got back from my last track day up at Anglesey with little damage to the car or pride.

On the way up to Anglesey I heard this intermittent knocking scraping sound which I put down to either the S/S exhaust fitted the weekend before or a binding caliper. Got to the cottage and figured it couldn't be a caliper as all wheels were fairly cold. So thought it was the back-box knocking on heatshields - no problem.

Sat morning early before setting off to the track, I check the oil and gave it a bit of a top up and then set off along dual carriageways to the track. On entering the track saw shed loads of smoke coming from the back and though bollix - it was a caliper and the pad has now overheated so pulled over... Turns out I left the frigging oil filler cap off and my engine bay was completely covered in oil. The smoke was oil burning off the downpipe... Doh!

After a quick mop up and sign on, we were on track with no further noticeable problems.

It was a fantastic day - sunny and dry. Got some really good times and speed through some tricky corners. But most of all spent about 90% of the gooning with mucho drifto around every corner :D

Video:

http://www.uploadspider.com/public/1520/Ga...C%20Jo_0001.wmv

At the end of the day on the way back to the cottage the noise coming from the rear was much more apparent... Turns out it's one of the rear wheel bearings... not too much of a problem and still got us home and me to work a few times since 8)

I have a few high res photos on order from the track company and will try get them up when they arive and have been downsized...

Hope you enjoy the video :)

BTW, wasn't me nearly loosing it toward the end... that be the g/f :P

BTW, wasn't me nearly loosing it toward the end... that be the g/f :P

I don't believe you :P :P :P :lol:

Would have liked to have gone to Anglesea but i needed to my car ring ready :(

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links