Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Service

anup_cfc

i don't understand my dealer sent me a letter saying servicing on my aygo was due on the 19th april. i don't get it, ive owned the car since novemeber and its not even a year since it was built. i havent even done 3000 miles in it yet. whats going on? any ideas please?

i willl phone them tomorrow though just to check.

I'd be tempted to ignore it..... as long as you get it serviced at 1yr or 10K miles, which ever comes first from the date it was first registered, then you'll be fine as far as the warrenty is concerned.

They done the same to me.... had the car 6 months and got a letter saying it was due for a service.... I ignored it as it wasn't due for another 3K miles

turns out it does need a service, as it was actually registered in april on 2005 as it was used as a promotional car by toyota before it was actually released to the public

turns out it does need a service, as it was actually registered in april on 2005 as it was used as a promotional car by toyota before it was actually released to the public

And you didn't know this ?

Did they sell it to you as brand new but it actually has Toyota GB as an owner ?

promotional car could mean sat in a shopping centre with hundreds of people getting in and out of it and pushing every button and slaming every door.

As SMW, I'm a bit suprised you didnt know it was already 7 months old when you bought it! The date it was registered in the log book should have given it away....

And if Toyota didnt tell you, I'd be having serious words with them if I were you, especially if you bought it under the impression it was brand new!! :o

Mate I think the LOOKERS dealerships are all the same! :ffs:

I used Rayleigh for a service & as my Yaris Blue is a Pre-Reg turns out that I should've got it serviced in Jan when it was registered not March which was when I got it. They never told me this, plus it only had 20 miles on the clock when I got it so I waited until 10k miles which was a day or so before a year I had owned it and that was too late. They didn't send me a reminder anyway, never told me the above and I got dreadful customer service from them too.

Not by Top Gear I hope!!!

Alarm bells are should be ringing :ffs:

25-1-8-0-238762665.jpg

lol no i didnt buy it brand new, was an ex demo registered to toyota. i dont know where it was promo'd but wasn't used for the aygo football, although my number plate's last 3 letters are 1 letter out from the one that richard hammond test drove, so mine probaby got given to jounalists and stuff.

yeh i should probably have checked the book but its in the garage and i can't be bothered to go get it.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links