Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Just Picked Up My New Toy...

Caz SR

AHHH !!! A PROPER CAR.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Caz SR

• Demonic Angel

• Jones~32

• Bibbs

Top Posters In This Topic

Woohoooo! Nice one Caz ;) lovely looking beasty... Gorgeous colour! :drool:

Looks fabulous :)

Yeah.. why 'Murray'? :P To me they all women :P

Maybe because it is in "Mint" condition.......................nice car Caz :thumbsup:

Well my guess is after Murray Walker.... dont ask why, was just the first name that popped into my head! :lol:

HEH ! the yaris thread and this up her sleeve! LOL :thumbsup:

Looks fantastic caz :yes: and i bet ur stoked :thumbsup: Glad you found a great way out of the 'stagnation' thing with the yaris. Welcome to the wonderful world of being an mr2 owner :thumbsup: n sooner or later i bet that low down feelin starts to feel like the way it should be :D :thumbsup:

Will the real slim shady please stand up please stand up :thumbsup:

Well done Caz, finally entered the "proper" world of RWD.

Maybe because it is in "Mint" condition.......................nice car Caz :thumbsup:

Steve you have me in stitches mate!! :lol:

Caz, Murray looks absolutely lovely! Hope you enjoy it, looks like a machine and a half! I did secretly fall in love with MR2's yesterday after seeing some of the guys at the NMM, but JJ has promised me a ride in Skye so maybe that will sway the decision!! :thumbsup:

:drool: That looks fantastic, I genuinely want 1 now, if only I could afford 2 cars...

To find a car of that age with that mileage is brilliant, the big service history & condition suggests it's been well looked after too, excellent find :thumbsup:

Thanks everyone!! :blush:

I really didn't want to leave the car this morning, going to do my best to rush home tonight and get back to it. Then Dad's coming over and has demanded a 'passenger lap' (as Dad's do) :lol:

I can't take credit for the name. Lee came up with 'Murray the MR2' as it seemed fitting. I loved Steve's take on it and wish I thought of 'as in mint' myself!! It'll be referred to that now :lol:

I've not to described it as Mint though because the condition of AW11s varies so greatly, but the interior is like new and anything that needs to be done externally is very minor cosmetics to make it 'perfect'. Certainly the best out of all the ones Lee and I went to view... and it's mine, all mine hehe.

I'm extremely pleased and looking forward to learning the art of RWD ('proper car' as Bibbs puts it!!). One thing's for sure, it's a whole different kettle of fish than the Yaris. I jumped in the Yaris right after driving the '2 and totally forgot about the power steering! Needless to say, I did a very, very tight turn :laughing:

Bring on the meets! :D

congrats, looks gorgous, thats my favourite mr2, i prefer the ice blue but thats a close 2nd

enjoy

Now start looking at a 4-agze transplant ;)

No. :laughing:

Hmm, supercharger .. :yes:

Now start looking at a 4-agze transplant ;)

No. :laughing:

Hmm, supercharger .. :yes:

Go for the 3s-gte, you know you want to :D :P

Although Brutal, a 3S-GTE is too heavy and would wreck the fine balance of an AW-11...

a 1.6 Mk1 feels WAY faster then a 2.0 (na) MkII anyway!!

Its a very fine handling car, that will bite you of you don't give it the respect it deserves, its not at all like a MkII to drive!!! (far better in my totally unhumble opinion).

Enjoy!!!!!!

Don't forget to be extra anal in cleaning under the arches!! Wet mud is baaaaaaad.....

Oh yeah... and Welcome to TOC-Oldskool, it rocks B)

They don't make em like they used to :P

Looks nice Caz.

Got me thinking now.

Been looking at Corolla G6R's today.

Have fun with the MR2. ;)

wow thats gorgeous Caz! I love the colour, Ive always wanted a aw11 :D stunning!

so when do we get to see it? :)

Mwhahaha looks like I'm tempting some of the Yaris people to the dark side... (good old fashioned driver's cars) :P Hehe.

I've had lots of people suggesting engine transplants, but I don't feel it's appropriate for my car. It's in great nick and I'd prefer to keep it as nice & original as possible to hopefully maintain some value.

Engine conversions are quite popular, but I feel best kept for the older AW11s with much higher mileage than my own (just personal opinion). Crickey at 83,000 miles, mine is only just bedded in! Would be daft to swap it! :laughing:

It's such fun to drive, but I guess that's the living on the edge aspect. You are fully aware that if you man handle the car, it'll bite back without a doubt. The fantastic thing is that they really are deceptively quick too.

Totally agree with you on the arches Charlie. Mud and leaves are baaaaad news if left to fester ;)

I'm hoping it'll get it's first official showing off at the next Reading meet. Some of you locals will prolly see it before then though :D

sweet look forward to seeing that :D and perhaps having a sit in it :unsure:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links