Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toca 3

Fidgits

so, i recently bought Toca 3 for the playstation on reccomendation of someone on here (cant remember who)...

And just wanted to say, dont buy it...

Dont get me wrong, its an okay race sim, with a large choice of cars and tracks...

But, its just so average...

The world tour is pretty good, giving chances for a few races in various different classes, although your forced into specific cars which can be annoying, but not as annoying as the scottish 'mentor', who just spurts random sound clips though the races...

Although, the most annoying sound is some crowd whistle (or something) which beeps every few seconds, and with the lack of background music, its enough to drive you nuts...

The career was dissapointing, since its just a menu, and you have to do 10 or 15 races to unlock the next one, it gets very boring very quickly...

And that really sums up the game, even with all the different disciplines, tracks, and cars, the racing is very samey...

and the AI sucks - the race cars dont make any mistakes, but seem quite good at spinning you off if you argue over the racing line, and probably the most frustrating feature is the penalty for going onto the grass.

While a good idea to stop you cheating across chicanes, what actually happens is, if you run wide out of a corner and put 2 wheels on the grass, not only do you lose a second or two because of lack of grip, it also gives you a 5 second time penalty for 'cheating', and it does it far too often.

as for the 'realistic damage', well, thats a joke, and the mechanical damage, well thats straight off the original Colin McRae...

Its not a bad game, but it has a couple too many frustrating parts, and with games like Gran Turisimo 4 out there, this just doesnt compare...

racing games are too monotonous at times. NFS Most Wanted was ace, but again got tedious after a while

:P it is fairly crap , thank goodness for flip top lids , i didnt waste my money on it. :P

ok then ill take it off your hands for a fiver and £2 P+P and do a thorough reveiw myself :D :thumbsup::yes:

• 3 weeks later...

I'm loving Toca 3. Although I'm playing with a wheel, so it adds an extra depth to a racing game. Playing it with the pad felt a bit lacking.

I agree about the damage modelling. It's poor. I remember the build-up to the game, Codemasters were releasing all those in-game vids showing the damage, but I've yet to see anything in game past deformed cars and broken windows, much like the other 2 Toca games.

ok then ill take it off your hands for a fiver and £2 P+P and do a thorough reveiw myself :D :thumbsup::yes:

Heard that The Godfather was a bag of !Removed! too mate, not seen it myself though, what do ya make of it?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links