Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Hyundai Santa Fe

ahmurray

Hi folks - I think I have found the car to replace my Rav4 in a year or two, the new Hyundai Santa Fe.

The old model was hideous, but the new one is lovely and looks like a bigger MK2 Rav.

I'm very happy with the Rav but the missus has been hinting that 7 seats would be good, and I want to get a convertible soon so a bigger family car would help win that argument!

pics and reviews at www.whatcar.com or www.parkers.co.uk - all very favourable

Looks like Hyundai have raised their game somewhat in terms of quality, but I can't afford new so will have to wait a year or two for prices to drop - Hopefully the car will stay under the radar for a while and depreciate like stink as most Hyundais do!

Ali

Hi folks - I think I have found the car to replace my Rav4 in a year or two, the new Hyundai Santa Fe.

The old model was hideous, but the new one is lovely and looks like a bigger MK2 Rav.

I'm very happy with the Rav but the missus has been hinting that 7 seats would be good, and I want to get a convertible soon so a bigger family car would help win that argument!

pics and reviews at www.whatcar.com or www.parkers.co.uk - all very favourable

Looks like Hyundai have raised their game somewhat in terms of quality, but I can't afford new so will have to wait a year or two for prices to drop - Hopefully the car will stay under the radar for a while and depreciate like stink as most Hyundais do!

Ali

Good thing is they come with a 5 year warranty no other maker does this. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Keep for this time then sell up again......

Have to admit, the What Car review didn't look that favourable to me either. Besides that - where's the kudos? :D

worst part about new Santa Fe is that pricing is about the same as Rav4. It is an larger car, but used value will never be anywhere the same... A lot heavier so larger engine is not as fast or frugal as Rav4's...

• 2 weeks later...

worst part about new Santa Fe is that pricing is about the same as Rav4. It is an larger car, but used value will never be anywhere the same... A lot heavier so larger engine is not as fast or frugal as Rav4's...

Test Drive mag have just tested the the new Santa Fe.....

DATA BANK

Models driven Santa Fe 2.2 CRTD, 2.7 V6 petrol

Engines 2,188cc 4-cyl TD, 148bhp, 247lb ft 2,656cc V6 petrol, 186bhp, 183lb ft

Transmission 5-spd man and 4/5-spd auto, 4wd

Performance 0-62mph in 11.6secs, max speed 111mph; 0-62mph in 11.7 secs max speed 117mph

Fuel economy 32.2mpg; 22.2mpg

CO2/tax 193g/km / 25%; 252g/km / 35%

32mpg for a diesel... :eek: thats one heavy car... they also said..

With no real design characteristics to call its own, Hyundai looked instead to the most successful SUVs on the market for inspiration for its second-generation Santa Fe. The rear end is reminiscent of a VW Touareg, and the front a subtle mix of a Nissan Murano and Toyota's previous-generation RAV4.

Link to test.....

Clicky

i personally find styling comments pretty stupid. Santa Fe looks great. Whats up with Europeans thinking everyone copies Touareg? What is there to copy? It is really an exremly bland station wagon design. I read few reviews where new Rav4 appearantly copied Touareg, lol.

I drove one Santa Fee today, 2.2 crdi, best equipment. It was actually pretty damn nice vehicle. It was parked next to Porsche SUV, and it looked sportier and more expensive than it.

Engine was the biggest suprise, once inside the car, you dont know it is diesel anymore, period. It seemed A LOT quieter than Rav4. Interior is OK - much better than any other Hyundai but good overall. Rav4 has better materials, more equipment and is more interesting inside (small design touches). Despite being much larger than Rav4, back seat is actually less comfortable. Trunk is larger - but Rav4's is more versatile.

Santa Fe is definetly an winner. Pleasantly suprised. I would still take Rav4 over it without any though, but it is really an good car.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links