Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

The Streets

Bibbs

oh, and i've had lunch in a dennys in compton (dont ask!)

I was just using Compton as an example, I don't frequent ghettos in America much, infact I've never even been to America! :thumbsup:

its a long story, i dont usually end up in those places :lol:

but anyway, contary to rap and hollywood, they're not all killing each other (not over lunch anyway) or rapping in each others faces, or for that matter, strutting around with guns...

They were just getting on with their lives and having lunch... which is what we were doing, before leaving the district rather swiftly... :lol:

but my point is - Westwood would have looked as stupid doing his 'Big Dog' act there as he does doing it in Barnstable...

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bibbs

• Ryan1985

• Caz SR

• Fidgits

Top Posters In This Topic

Ben, what do you think of 2pac? ;)

Didn't know who he was till he was Dead .. he did the vocals on a tune in 1999 or 2000 that was good, was one of the "lads holiday anthems".

I know nothing more about him .. why you ask ?

I really detest listening/watching ads though .. May give it a go though. Any rockier stations? I miss 96FM in Perth, played AC/DC, GnR, Blink182 etc all day, every day.

Yeah, when I lived in Melbourne I used to listen to Triple M and K Rock, there's a few rock stations in the UK but they're only available on digital! :(

I've started downloading Podcasts when i get bored listening to cd's, I've just checked and 96FM Perth have Podcasts! http://www.96fm.com.au/

Yeah, when I lived in Melbourne I used to listen to Triple M and K Rock, there's a few rock stations in the UK but they're only available on digital! :(

I've started downloading Podcasts when i get bored listening to cd's, I've just checked and 96FM Perth have Podcasts! http://www.96fm.com.au/

Sweet .. not all I need to to work out what a podcast is .. :lol:

I know my head unit is iPod compatable .. but I've not got an iPod.

I have a very eclectic CD collection and can appreciate music for what it is. Hell I used to play drums in the countys jazz band, then I'd go and play some nu-metal with my mates. It's all about the music.

It's sometimes the people who make the music or promote it thats the problem. Mike Skinner, made a couple of half decent songs but I'm not gonna go out and buy it, he's not worth it.

Westwood, where do I start? I've bought several of his compilations as I like that sort of music too but he's a British white middle aged man trying to be gangsta, its just ridiculous!

2Pac used to rent his games console out to the poorer kids as he was the only kid who could afford one coming from a good home.

I like anything from Soul Fly, RATM, Deftones, Incubus etc. to Roni Size, Squarepusher, Adam F etc. Beastie Boys, Jay-Z, Cypress Hill etc Paul Van Dyk, Ministry Of Sound etc. Beyonce, Justin Timberlake, Britney Spears etc. Brad Mehldau, Charles Lloyd and all that come between.

I don't want to be like them and talk like them though, I'm me! Some people base their lives on what they listen to, each to their own I guess. It's just a phase, especially when younger. Hopefully all the chavs will grow out of it and become decent people, either that or they'll get locked up and be as much a drain on society as when they were free.

Just my opinion though.

Joe

Joe,

I've only got the first Soul Fly album, how do the latter compare?

I was a major Sep fan and though they were not as good when Max went. I was even at their last concert at Brixton before he left (I'm on that CD !!).

Joe,

I've only got the first Soul Fly album, how do the latter compare?

I was a major Sep fan and though they were not as good when Max went. I was even at their last concert at Brixton before he left (I'm on that CD !!).

Primitive was the last album I bought, think it was the follow up to the first album in 2000. I've heard a few tracks of the Dark Ages album and it sounds as dark and heavy as before. Might have to go and play some now, I'm in the mood :band:

:P

Joe

I was just gauging what you thought was decent music, that's all! :thumbsup:

And in your opinion he is?

I read somewhere (on another forum/thread/topic) that he used to "rent" his games console to poorer kids at his school, as he came from a welthier family .. that's a bit of a :censor: thing to do.

2Pac used to rent his games console out to the poorer kids as he was the only kid who could afford one coming from a good home.

I read somewhere (on another forum/thread/topic) that he used to "rent" his games console to poorer kids at his school, as he came from a welthier family .. that's a bit of a :censor: thing to do.

I don't really know the background. I'm just saying the guy is a legend and deserves all the praise he gets imo and if you thought he was talentless or whatever then I don't think anyone could value your opinion but seeing as you don't know much about the guy I still value your opinion! :thumbsup:

Do you get what I'm trying to say here? :unsure:

I don't really know the background. I'm just saying the guy is a legend and deserves all the praise he gets imo and if you thought he was talentless or whatever then I don't think anyone could value your opinion but seeing as you don't know much about the guy I still value your opinion! :thumbsup:

Do you get what I'm trying to say here? :unsure:

NP, but I know very little .. like "Biggie Smalls" who was also shot. I wasn't into that music scene, so I know little of his work. The first thing I knew about them was that rubbish song "Sean Poof Diddy Daddy Diddly Coombes" did where he fell off his bike and I laughed ..

But I did know a bit about Jam Master Jay, and I was gutted when he was killed. Seemed pointless as he was never into the whole "gangsta" thing. He was loving/living the music and that was it.

The first thing I knew about them was that rubbish song "Sean Poof Diddy Daddy Diddly Coombes" did where he fell off his bike and I laughed ..

I laughed too but as it happens that's the biggest selling R'n'B song ever! :yes::thumbsup:

I read about this in NME, kids would call round to his house and he'd charge them to play his Nintendo NES, he'd use the money to buy more games so kids would call back.

And in your opinion he is?

I flippin said it on this thread too Ben :rolleyes:

Joe

AHHH! They were on radio 1 on the way back from work. Chemical Brothers were on standby

I flippin said it on this thread too Ben :rolleyes:

It's been a hard day :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links