Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What Speaks & Amp?

Mr Wabbit

Hello, Iv finial decided to upgrade the Speakers in my mr2 but i dont really have a clue on what to get. Im basically after a reasonable setup, but nothing to stupid / expensive. I currently only have the orignal stero/cd player which toyota supply. Does anyone know what size Speakers are in the front / rear and whats a good replacment for them?

Also how would i go about adding two more Speakers behind the seats? (in the little luggage compartments) e.g will what are reaspoable speakers and will i need a amp ect....

Thanks for any advice

Lee

Heya mate,

well in the front you have a tweeter by hte a pillar and a 17inch coax speaker in the lower door and in the rear you have a 10cm crappy speaker either side of the car, well infact all the standard stuff is pretty awful. Ive replaced the fronts with Focal components and amped them and they sound amazing, definatly recommend that but otherwise you could just get some nice coax Speakers to replace the existing ones.

I wouldnt bother replacing the tiny 10cm rear ones as the cabin in the mr2 is so small that some good front Speakers will fill it with sound from a sound quality point of view.

As for putting Speakers in the rear cubby holes, hmm Ive heard of 6x9s going in them but I havent heard of any doing so with great sound quality success, I would recommend perhaps getting a sub and box and fitting one of them behind there.

so you would end up with speakers up front and a sub behind :D bliss :thumbsup:

if you need any more help or need me to make sense of anything IVe wrote then just ask mate :D quickly typed this up so hope it makes sense :wacko:

ive used the Alpine MRV F450 amp which is a 5 channel unit. Spot on for running a full system from one box, and a reasonable size too

iceprogress005.jpg

Hello, Thanks for your replys, I do kinda understand :wacko: Jus a few money questions lol.

Basically your saying keep the little Speakers in the door pillars, and replace the ones in the lower door and the rear?

Would you happen to have a link to any of the Speakers you reccomend? (i have no idea whats good or not) to replace there Speakers. Also is it ok to use the exisitng wiring to the speakers or replace it all with better quality?

Thanks again

you best off with a set of components in the door (mids and tweeters)

some people choose to ditch the rears but i chose to keep and uprate them with some slightly larger coaxial Speakers and does help to bring a nice balance in the car

ive used Alpine Type-R series, just tap it into google for an example, or check www.alpine-europe.com

Hi, I really want to keep the amount of Speakers, so im basically looking to upgrade them. Iv looked on the alpine site but im unsure which ones you mean? im basically after some that will fit in where the OEM ones are? Even though in the rear i dont mind bigger ones aslong as there hidden behind the plastic (like the normal ones are)

Also will it be ok if i keep the orignal wiring or is it better to replace it with better quality stuff?

Thanks again :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links