Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Window Tint

crizzle

My sister is considering getting window tint. Are all types of tint make it harder to break in into the car do does it have to be a special security film? Where can I find out what the legal requirement for window tints. Are you allowed to have clear 82% on the front and what is the max you can have on the rear.

Thank you for your help.

:hokus-pokus:

75% of light must be transmitted through windscreen and 70 % through side windows at either side of drivers head. Backs can be dark as you like. However light transmission through tinted windows is not tested on current MOT ;)

http://www.vosa.gov.uk/vosa/publications/t...information.pdf

changed now, no film whatsoever on fronts, clear security film is grey area most police will let you off but there is always one

changed now, no film whatsoever on fronts, clear security film is grey area most police will let you off but there is always one

Are you sure ? Just checked VOSA site and it still says 75% light transmitted through screen and 70 % through sides.

http://www.vosa.gov.uk/vosa/hgvpsvdrivers/...ntedwindows.htm

Just quick question Ciara Yaris windows are already has tinted glass, what percentage of light does it allow through

Are you sure ? Just checked VOSA site and it still says 75% light transmitted through screen and 70 % through sides.

http://www.vosa.gov.uk/vosa/hgvpsvdrivers/...ntedwindows.htm

It depends on the copper that stops you really. I'm pretty sure they have a light meter for checking the density of the tint. So, as with most things copper related, it depends on how much you are bending the law by, what kind of a day they've had and how cooperative you are. ;) I was told your window must be clear (apart from factory tint) and the sides are still 70%.

I think they should be a bit lenient on security film though, so long as it is "clear" though.

i got busted for mine on the m1 :P granted they were dark smoke on the front + limo on the back, and the guy offered to do the windscreen :P

i view security film from the following angle; what if you need to break out in an accident....................

i view security film from the following angle; what if you need to break out in an accident....................

you can push it out but not in, as when u push in it forces the galss to push against itself as it cant give way into the car

what i was told when i tinted windows

so what if your out cold + the car is on fire someone wants to get you out???

AND YOU CAN HAVE LIMO TINT ON THE BACK :)

Earl you had those tints done cos of a court order we did in Derbyshire....you were upsetting us with youre gorgeous looks :P

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links