Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Smart For Four - Production To Be Abandoned

Plusser

Apparently there are rumours in the German press, Daimler-Chrysler are going to abandon production of the Smart For Four. The car, which is based on and built alongside the Mitsubishi Colt, has not been selling very well, so the decision has been made to concentrate on the Smart For Two instead. It has been estimated that it will cost Daimler-Chrysler in the region of €1 billion to shut the line down, with compensation to all their suppliers.

I'd must admit, I've seen quite a few C1/Aygo/107s, but not many Smart For Fours on the streets. Sounds like the car has been a very costly mistake.

Apparently there are rumours in the German press, Daimler-Chrysler are going to abandon production of the Smart For Four. The car, which is based on and built alongside the Mitsubishi Colt, has not been selling very well, so the decision has been made to concentrate on the Smart For Two instead. It has been estimated that it will cost Daimler-Chrysler in the region of €1 billion to shut the line down, with compensation to all their suppliers.

I'd must admit, I've seen quite a few C1/Aygo/107s, but not many Smart For Fours on the streets. Sounds like the car has been a very costly mistake.

so really not that smart then after all.

Probably didn`t help having Top Gears hampster and May living in one for a day. :rolleyes:

WONDER IF thats why the airbag production slumped at my work place. for DC

It wasn't competitively priced though. For a few grand less you could get something better.............not good business really

and its unfeasibly crap, and the other thing is they make, 13 grand for the top spec one!

I hate Smart cars with a passion as I got roadraged by one of the "for two" ones (the tiny ones) in my other Yaris.

I've seen one or two of the "for fours" around, but they just dont look right or anything so no wonder they are being abandoned.

The car was so fantastically "off message" for the Smart brand that its no surprise at all - most of the ones I've seen have been dealer's demonstrators and bore remarkable similarity to mint humbugs.

The Roadster/Roadster Coupe would have been great were it not for the appalling gearbox.

The For Two fits a classless niche on its own

A

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links