Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Squeeky Clutch Pedal

Penelope Pitstop

Hi ,,can anybody tell me why sometimes my clutch pedal squeeks and then it dosnt?????Its really irritating,,,and what should i do when the squeek returns????car is about 8 mths old....P.P.

from what I have read its a common issue on the mk2 but I havent heard many people complain of it on the mk3, basically from what I understand its nothing bad at all just does it because something to do with the peddle isnt greesed up (like my technical talk ;) ) so its not a bad thing :thumbsup:

someone will be along to correct me and perhaps be more precise :)

would really love an answer to this aswell, got a mk2 rev 5, how do i sort this out? can be quite annoying when cruising around town to hear it squeak :P

....Should i attack it then with WD40,,,weired thing is it goes for ages and no squeakin ,,,then when you think alls well squeeks come back !!!!!arghhhh. P.P.

Hello guys ..thanx for tellin me whoose gt a squeeky clutch pedal! but what the ek do you do to get rid of it??? its getting on my waz??????????????P.P.

Hi, Its just the clutch pedal thats squeeking not the clutch itself, just get some wd40, grease or any lubricant stuff and spray it at all the joints in the clutch pedal, the squeek is more likely to be right at the back somewhere.....sorry I'm not technically minded either but thats the jist of it anyway.

My Corolla does it too! :huh:

I've sprayed it with WD40 and that cures it for a while, but then it comes back, i just drive with the stereo on louder :laughing: :D

Hi ,,can anybody tell me why sometimes my clutch pedal squeeks and then it dosnt?????Its really irritating,,,and what should i do when the squeek returns????car is about 8 mths old....P.P.

Hi Penelope, I have just posted a similar query. I'll let you know if I get any answers from the dealership!

Janet

HI Janet...just attacked the clutch pedal with WD40 so i will see what happens ,,failing that i will mention it when it has its first service,,,,,,,sounds like the nibblers have moved in with the amount of squeeking..not cool LOL P.P.

just thought id ad me 2 lol anyone finds the cure please let me know lol

I had this problem too. I fixed it by spraying lots of white grease on the pin that connects the pedal to the master cylinder.

Where is that Bobby? and how do I get to it?

Its hard to describe, I'll take a picture later and post it.

get some white grease... point it upwards around the clutch pedal area and squirt! .... well, that's my plan! :)

get some white grease... point it upwards around the clutch pedal area and squirt! .... well, that's my plan! :)

pmsl, rofl, lol ahahahhahah

:wacko:

I gues it's just me that finds that funny...

-Z

• 2 months later...

Digging up an old thread, but my 04 Yaris does this too!

Only started in the last couple of weeks. Will have to attack it with some WD40. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi..not been on for a while,,just updating the thread...I took my car back to MR.T and they sorted it..not had a squeek since,,the WD40 thing was no use//P.P.

Hi..not been on for a while,,just updating the thread...I took my car back to MR.T and they sorted it..not had a squeek since,,the WD40 thing was no use//P.P.

I was always told WD40 was for drying things out like damp spark plugs etc, so it won't be any good for lubbing. The motor factors have special spray that you can direct staight to the problem with little mess. Also Back to Black is quite good because it's a silicone.

Glad you got the clutch sorted, mine stopped squeaking now, must be this lovely weather.

Have you had your roof down PP? The weather's been REALLY hot here in Pembs!:lol:

yeah sure have had roof down its faaaantastic,,great for posing in,,i always feel embarrased though overtaking MX5"s......no seriously i do!!! In a fortnights time i am going to the beautiful Malvern Hills in Worcestershire so cant wait for some traanquil motoring ,,all i need is this beautiful weather,,who could ask for more?????P.P.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links