Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Radar Detectors In Europe

alanbradley

Hi folks...

As I'm getting ready for heading to the 'Ring it has dawned on me that the thoroughly plumbed-in Snooper in the car may have to come out. So... does anyone know if radar/laser detectors are allowed in Belgium & Germany?

I know that they are thoroughly, undisputedly illegal in France and that if I was cought with it there it would cost me a €500 fine and confiscation of the unit.

Cheers for your help,

Alan :thumbsup:

does anyone know if radar/laser detectors are allowed in Belgium & Germany?

I know that they are thoroughly, undisputedly illegal in France and that if I was cought with it there it would cost me a €500 fine and confiscation of the unit.

Cheers for your help,

Alan :thumbsup:

Been looking into this myself, and as far as I have got upto now is if you get stoped with one even if not fitted to the car you may get 1: imprisonment, 2: confiscation of vehicle, 3: a driving ban, 4: a heavy fine. :eek:

I've heard of the french police making the driver reverse over their unit to break it before giving them a hefty fine. Mine stayed in my Glovebox until I hit Germany .. and then it did nothing.

Radar Detectors/jammers are illegal in Germany, if you're caught with one you'll get fined, an Irish Rally Crew where caught with one at the Rally of Germany last year and fined 1500 euro. :eek:

Most Detectors sold in the UK are useless on the Continent, UK Cops solely use 'band K' radars, German Cops use 'band Ka' (like Ireland) and the new 'band X' (like Ireland)

I bought a 'Valentine 1' last year and it's saved my skin on a few occasions ;)

Cheers for the replies folks :thumbsup:

My problem is the that the radar/laser sensing unit is remote to the "brains" unit and is wired in behind the dash to end up in the windscreen.

Do you think its worth risking just leaving the brains behind and leaving the sensors in the windscreen (they're totally useless without the brain bit) or should I take the dashboard out again to remove the whole system?

:(

A

How easy is it to "hide" .. Iv'e just a stick on snooper and I just unplug it and pop it in the glovebox.

Cheers for the replies folks :thumbsup:

My problem is the that the radar/laser sensing unit is remote to the "brains" unit and is wired in behind the dash to end up in the windscreen.

Do you think its worth risking just leaving the brains behind and leaving the sensors in the windscreen (they're totally useless without the brain bit) or should I take the dashboard out again to remove the whole system?

:(

A

Chances are you'll not get stopped by the local constabulary, unless you're driving like a loon.

I don't believe they are in allowed in Belgium, but I will do my best to clarify it for you :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links