Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Another New One

colinjm

Hello All,

Just introducing myself to the forum. Im actually here on behalf of my girlfriend as she's the one buying the Aygo. She rarely uses the PC though so i'm here instead.

We'll be picking up her Carbon Quartz Aygo+ on Saturday, i'm dead excited about getting it, and it's not even my car. She's trading in a Ford Ka Lux for it, and cant wait. Personally I drive a Mondeo TD (eek...Ford), but I used to drive a Ka aswell until it got written off by a Land Rover Disco3 last summer.

I was very impressed with the Aygo on the test drive, it's actually faster than the Ka, and still cheaper to run/tax/insure. In fact i've been very impressed with the whole buying experience so far, the guys at the Toyota Dealership have been great...what are they usually like for aftersales...hopefully not like Ford.

It's ideal for us having a small car for city driving and a big car for long trips. Karen's liked the Aygo since she saw the football feature on TG.

Hopefully all will go well on Saturday, our first trip in it is up to Northampton to see my mum on Saturday after we pick it up. :thumbsup:

Cheers

Col

Well, we picked it up on Saturday morning. Can only say we're really impressed with the whole thing, the car, the dealers, everything really.

We drove it up to Northampton for the weekend for a family visit, and the only thing we can really say against it is that it's so light it gets caught by the wind alot. This coupled with the light steering made for some fun. But it was a very windy weekend, and when your other car is a tank like a Ford Mondeo, this is only to be expected. The boot was plenty big enough for a weekends luggage and a laptop, and there was plenty of room inside for the 2 of us. The stereo's pretty good, and the car itself is fairly quiet when cruising on the motorway.

We managed a first run of 250miles and it returned 49mpg, that included sitting in 45 mins of traffic on the A34.

aygo5.jpg

aygo3.jpg

aygo2.jpg

Very impressed :thumbsup:

Well, we picked it up on Saturday morning. Can only say we're really impressed with the whole thing, the car, the dealers, everything really.

We drove it up to Northampton for the weekend for a family visit, and the only thing we can really say against it is that it's so light it gets caught by the wind alot. This coupled with the light steering made for some fun. But it was a very windy weekend, and when your other car is a tank like a Ford Mondeo, this is only to be expected. The boot was plenty big enough for a weekends luggage and a laptop, and there was plenty of room inside for the 2 of us. The stereo's pretty good, and the car itself is fairly quiet when cruising on the motorway.

We managed a first run of 250miles and it returned 49mpg, that included sitting in 45 mins of traffic on the A34.

aygo5.jpg

aygo3.jpg

aygo2.jpg

Very impressed :thumbsup:

Colour looks super! Wish I'd got a black one, but if I'd got a black one I'd have wanted a yellow one! :rolleyes:

Drove up from the south on the A1 the other day in a high roof Sprinter (it'a van if you don't know) they wobble more in the wind but only a bit :lol: . Anyhow the Aygo only takes up half a lane. Find the stereo fine too and it only has two Speakers :) but I listen to radio 4, its nice to able to plug an mp3 into the stereo though. :thumbsup: Well I wish you safe motoring.

looks the same as mine hehehehe. I have had 4 of my mates in it a few times in the last few days and none have really complained about leg or headroom (except for a particularly tall friend that sat behind drivers seat). But I use the boot only for three things, a subwoofer, shoes and my computer toolkit and it fits perfectly.

It appears that people like my Aygo better than my mates 3-series and it does 3 times the distance of his in a long trip.

Good choice I would say for both of us :D

looks the same as mine hehehehe. I have had 4 of my mates in it a few times in the last few days and none have really complained about leg or headroom (except for a particularly tall friend that sat behind drivers seat). But I use the boot only for three things, a subwoofer, shoes and my computer toolkit and it fits perfectly.

It appears that people like my Aygo better than my mates 3-series and it does 3 times the distance of his in a long trip.

Good choice I would say for both of us :D

Welcome to the forum mate!

Yes people seem not to like it at first sight! today a nice girl walked up to me and asked me what the car was (as if there isn't the name on the rear and sides ) as i answered AYGO she said but i didnt like it when i went to see it in the showroom! But this one in red is beautiful i really like it! (now she said she will be buying one! (bet it will be in red :D )

i didnt at first but then you realise. Sorta like algebra back in high school when you didnt understand it but then it just clicks and bang you got it.

And now everyones happy because eveyone likes Aygo's and we have one each.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links