Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Bullseye

Johndcfc

Haha, Bullseye is crap but quality - wonder if the new one will be as good!

Phoenix Nights star and co-writer Dave Spikey has been named as the face of Challenge’s new look Bullseye, which starts on Monday 17th April. Dave, who co-wrote the Bolton-based sitcom with Peter Kay and played cringe worthy compere Jerry “The Saint” St Clair, will dart onto our screens alongside original icons Tony Green and sidekick Bully to host the show.

Guaranteed to bring his own unique style of presenting to one of the country’s best-loved classic game shows, Dave is an integral part of the revival of an iconic classic with a 21st century twist.

Dave says, “What can I say? Where do I start? I'm hosting a new series of BULLSEYE!! Yes, the best ever TV game show is back. And how do I feel? Well it's a melting pot of emotions really; I'm excited, apprehensive and mostly honoured because Bullseye is for me, and millions of people, a special show and a national institution. Because Bullseye is everything a game show should be. It has that great mix of drama, excitement and suspense infused with a liberal amount of warmth and good humour. It's a great, great, show with great contestants and great prizes (well you know!) and it's an absolute pleasure and a privilege to be involved.”

Celia Taylor, Deputy Controller, Challenge, says, “We’re delighted that Dave is going to be the new face of Bullseye. Dave is in a class of his own – just like Bullseye. He’ll bring his own original blend of wit and unique style, and will undoubtedly be a huge hit with our contestants and viewers alike.”

Dave worked his way into the nation’s psyche as the Bolton social club compere, before heading south to become king of random ramblings and pointless pontificating in Channel 4’s 8 Out of 10 Cats.

Dave has had a meteoric rise to stardom over the past three years. Previously, he had been working as an unknown stand-up on the North West comedy club circuit before winning North West Comedian of the Year. There he met previous winner Peter Kay, with whom he teamed up in order to get their big break, writing and starring in the highly acclaimed comedy Phoenix Nights.

Bullseye originally aired on ITV between 1981 and 1995 and, in its prime, was watched by as many as 15 million viewers every Sunday evening. The new series is being produced by Granada’s entertainment department in Manchester for Challenge.

Former presenter of the show, Jim Bowen adds his support saying

“My time on Bullseye was one of the best times of my life and I’m very pleased to hear that it is coming back for a new audience. I want to wish the production team and the new presenter my blessings."

i remember reading this sumwhere, it wont be the same without Jim!

and they have to keep the same 'brilliant' prizes such as a wonderful speedboat for those who live in Reading!

i remember reading this sumwhere, it wont be the same without Jim!

and they have to keep the same 'brilliant' prizes such as a wonderful speedboat for those who live in Reading!

Or the fully fitted Kitchen for two friends from Yorkshire.......... :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Jim's suits he used to wear.... made the show.....

Top class show for those that can remember the original....

Next it will be 3-2-1 coming back (try doing the hand signal he did) also the meaningless clues.....

I used to love Bullseye... can't beat a bit a Bully! :thumbsup:

Used to watch it with my Dad on a Sunday evening, always used to be funny when they got BFH! :thumbsup:

Jim Bowen now does radio ads for a company called Potters in Leicester (at least I think its him, sounds like him!)

All new Bully, awesome! :clap: :D

Should be a good laugh :yes:

Remember Catchphrase though....

They re-did that without Roy "Say what you see" Walker, and it was AWFUL! :unsure:

Bullseye rules :thumbsup:

Its got to keep its crapness though to stay great....if you get what I mean.

Anyone seen how much "Bendy Bullies" go for on eBay?

In order to keep its quality or lack of they need to have:

Crap Prizes

Teasmades, Gold Clocks, Typewriters and Desks that wouldnt sell in a car boot sale!

Funny Presenter

He needs to make rubbish jokes and count the money as badly as Jim!

Odd Contestants

I watched a classic bullseye one on Challenge ages ago - they had a guy whoose main hobby was playing domino's!

the whole 'look what ya coulda won' thing still makes me laugh

just rub it in jim because they lost! your heartless yob!

'tek' it back lads' :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links