Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rav4 2.0 Petrol

atlis

hello all, im getting around 260 to 270 miles from a full tank of fuel.does this sound right :huh: i used to have an 04 avensis 1.8 petrol but this being my third avensis i started to get bored with it.let it go and got the missus a rav4 which at first i wasnt sure about.but im now totally converted :D it's real fun to drive.the handling is superb and the driving position(all round view) is impressive..its just the fuel!

hello all, im getting around 260 to 270 miles from a full tank of fuel.does this sound right :huh: i used to have an 04 avensis 1.8 petrol but this being my third avensis i started to get bored with it.let it go and got the missus a rav4 which at first i wasnt sure about.but im now totally converted :D it's real fun to drive.the handling is superb and the driving position(all round view) is impressive..its just the fuel!

yeah thats what i get in mine,its bad for fuel...but the so nice to drive!

i have tried to drive easy but still uses the same :crybaby: it costs me about £45 to fill up :censor:

i have tried to drive easy but still uses the same :crybaby: it costs me about £45 to fill up :censor:

Is that for a 3 or 5 door? I thought the 2.0 litre gave 30+ mpg.

Regards, AnilS.

Regards, AnilS.

hi mine is a 5 door, i have never got anywhere near 30+ mpg!

:help: calling all 2L rav4 owners......what mpg do you get out of your rav? thanks

Regards, AnilS.

hi mine is a 5 door, i have never got anywhere near 30+ mpg!

:help: calling all 2L rav4 owners......what mpg do you get out of your rav? thanks

Forum Fuel Topic

This has been discussed before... Take a look at this forum above..

My D4D does about 38 - 40 MPG even though the trip shows 42mpg..... Always worth doing the maths conversion every now and then each time you fill up, just to check what you are actually doing..

I logged from fill up to fill up for a month and every week I was getting 27MPG, that was a mix of Motorway and country roads, and dont be fooled by the trip computer....its always 4 - 5 mpg out !

Many thanks for the responses.

TBH below 30+mpg on the 2.0l is a little disappointing.

Regarding the trip on my wife's previous Yaris (1.0l GS), it always read 3-4mpg optimistically too!

Regarding the trip on my wife's previous Yaris (1.0l GS), it always read 3-4mpg optimistically too!

I only get less than 30mpg in winter when I have warm the car up before driving to work. In the current weather (no standing waiting for it to warmup/defrost, no rear demister on, etc. etc.!) I get about 32mpg on combined trips - that's calculated, not on the trip which shws me at 36mpg.

I only get less than 30mpg in winter when I have warm the car up before driving to work. In the current weather (no standing waiting for it to warmup/defrost, no rear demister on, etc. etc.!) I get about 32mpg on combined trips - that's calculated, not on the trip which shws me at 36mpg.

Thats more like it. :D

I've got a late 2005 3-door (1.3.06). The best I have got is about 26mpg driving around busy North Kent and 32 on longer journeys.

But it has less than 700 miles on the clock, so I am hoping that after a few thousand miles it will improve.....we'll see!

I have a 2.0 VVTi auto 3 door and the trip computer reads 34mpg, but a few of us have done the fuel check and it comes out 4 to 5 mpg under that ,so mine does around 29-30mpg, thats B road work and some commuter bumper to bumper stuff.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links