Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Want To Buy Mr2 T-bar

neo_24860

Hi people.

I've been looking to buy a Toyota MR2 T-Bar for ages, I've seen a few but not really what I'm looking for. I would like either a blue, black or red one with leather and t-bar and my budget is around £2400, I know it's not much and it won't be as mint as I would like but if you know of someone who is trying to sell one then please get in touch, I'm in the hertfordshire area and can travel!! My name is Mark and you can email me on neo_24860@hotmail.com.

Thanks

Mark

Hiya mate. For 2400 you should get around a j,k reg one thats pretty decent. But you never know you may fall lucky.

Things to look for.....

start with the usual, oil water these dont seem to be a problem but you never know. but you must drive it!!!

Common things to go are the suspension drop links and the rear shocker top mounts. you will know if they're naff coz it will make an audible clunk over bumps. obviously check if the engine perfoms well and if you can chuck water on the t bar roof. these panels have a tendency to leak, just coz the rubber starts to perish over the years. i think the majority of them come with half leather and the drivers seat has a common thing of splitting on the seam all these faults aren't serious they just happen as the car ages through wear and tear. but anyhow hope this helps and happy hunting. :thumbsup:

for that kind of money you are looking more at a J than a K but you might find the odd one.. and even those can be nicely looked after :) mine was.. (but was a smidge more)

ALL t-bars leak... (possibility of one or two exceptions... ) just depends how much... but there are fixes out there.. so dont worry too much about it.. so long as it doesnt run in like a river :P

A fair few of the t-bars were leather (I think...) mine is anyways :P some came with aircon.. but thats rare... the drivers bolster(?) the bit to the right hand side of the driver tends to be a bit worn on some cars...

The best place I found for other info regarding engine/bodywork etc was on IMOC (the buyers guide) :) http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/kb.php?mode=article&k=48 <-- buyers guide for NA mk2 MR2 :)

HTH

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links