Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Vibrating Gear Pedal...

janet

Hi there, I am hoping someone can help me. I have an MR2, 55 reg, about 6500 miles. A few weeks ago when changing up, at about 3500-4000 revs the clutch pedal vibrates when released. This does not happen when changing down. Toyota thought it may be the clutch release bearing, and replaced it. However….the vibration is still there, the pedal now squeaks and, the car is now not as responsive when I play the gears. I am going to go back and talk to them but feel as if the problem has been misdiagnosed (as I still have the vibration, and now a squeak!) and now i have a less responsive car. Any ideas? I’d like to go armed with a few possibilities. Thanks.

Hi there, I am hoping someone can help me. I have an MR2, 55 reg, about 6500 miles. A few weeks ago when changing up, at about 3500-4000 revs the clutch pedal vibrates when released. This does not happen when changing down. Toyota thought it may be the clutch release bearing, and replaced it. However….the vibration is still there, the pedal now squeaks and, the car is now not as responsive when I play the gears. I am going to go back and talk to them but feel as if the problem has been misdiagnosed (as I still have the vibration, and now a squeak!) and now i have a less responsive car. Any ideas? I’d like to go armed with a few possibilities. Thanks.

Hiya luv and welcom to the club. :thumbsup:

It could be a warped clutch plate? if you have a tendancy to slip the clutch instead of using the hand brake, this can sometimes get the clutchwarm but on a brand new car?????

Might even be a dodgy flywheel but i cant see that, not on a new car. bit odd really. :unsure:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links