Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Adding Speakers?

Mr Wabbit

Hi, Iv given up on the idea of changing all my Speakers now. So im basically just after adding 2 rear Speakers behind the seats. Is there such a thing as an adapter i can buy which will aloow me 2 wire in additional Speakers to the orignal stereo? or will i have split the current wires? If there is an adapter you can get would you happen to know a site i can order one from?

Thanks

Okay .. you'll be able to fit 6.5" in the doors, with tweeters in the mirror section .. 4" in the seat belt pannel .. and then a sub behind each seat.

I've also seen 6x9's in the old sub locations .. but I don't "do" non circular Speakers ;)

What exactily are you after? As 8 Speakers for a 2 seater car is overkill?

What headunit do you have?

I'd suggest a good headunit, power the Speakers off the stock loom and then run an amp for a (pair of?) subs ..

Should give you better clarity, and a load more bass.

Alpine HU - £200

JL amp - £150

JL sub - £150

then £100 on wiring and MDF for a sub box ..

i got 2 3- way Speakers in my storage boxes behind seats and they seem to give a good bit of bass and nice sounds too i am running them by amps and the front and rears direct to HU

at the moment anyway untill i get two subs behind seats ;)

Hi, acstreet thats basically what i want to do, but i have the orignal stereo in, Would i be able to run 2 more Speakers of this stereo and still get good sound quality? If i can whats the best way to go about this due to im on abit of a budget after buying the car :crybaby: (Maybe abit l8er i could add the amps?)

Thanks

right mmmm well i got alpine Speakers up front which only cost me 20-30 odd quid and rear which were a lil cheaper.

if you get some better Speakers but still want to use the stock wiring that will sound good enough as that what im doing for my sisters mr2.

me and my sister both have aftermarket headunits so you can add the Speakers easily as they have pre amp outputs.

only way i can think of to do that is to add one amp but you need an output on your HU to do so.

if your budget is small just get a cheapish HU but atleast a half decent one mine was £150 and its a good spec one so you could get a goodish one for about £80 and get a cheap amp for £20 and wiring £20 and then the speakers £20.

so only way of doing it really is to spend the money and you do get what you pay for aswell.

another thing what come to mind is maybe ditch the rear speakers as they are crap anyway like 1 watt and replace them with some good ones behind the seats in the storage boxes and get some good door speakers

i have some cheap speakers behind the seats as it was only a short term thing and a crap amp.

right im babling on to much now let me know if you want to know anymore or it dont make sense

cheers

acstreet

Hi, I managed to get my self a amp and a pair of Speakers now. What are your views of these? (even though its abit late)

Speakers are the big 1's at the top

http://cheap-car-audio.co.uk/product.html?...ced6aa097d18030

And the amp

http://thebassbin.co.uk/shop/product/products_id/1303.html

Now all i need to know is how i go about fitting it lol. I was thinking of running the 2 new Speakers of the amp and maybe connecting the other 2 orignal rear speakers up to the amp aswell? Is this a good idea or shall i leave them how they are?

Thanks again

Hi, I managed to get my self a amp and a pair of speakers now. What are your views of these? (even though its abit late)

Speakers are the big 1's at the top

http://cheap-car-audio.co.uk/product.html?...ced6aa097d18030

And the amp

http://thebassbin.co.uk/shop/product/products_id/1303.html

Now all i need to know is how i go about fitting it lol. I was thinking of running the 2 new speakers of the amp and maybe connecting the other 2 orignal rear speakers up to the amp aswell? Is this a good idea or shall i leave them how they are?

Thanks again

Speakers aint bad although some people would have a debate of putting a pair of decent subs behind seats and maybe a 2 channel amp as there cheaper

right well have you got an putput on your stereo for rca leads

if so how many and if you are willing to do all your Speakers to the amps the rears are easy and the fronts are not to bad it means taking the door card off etc

hard bit is taking the speaker wires through the gromit :(

cheers

andy

Hi, The reason i got them where i got both the amp and Speakers free lol.

I was thinking of wiring the orignal rear Speakers (by the seat belts) to the amp & my new ones which i was thinking of placing behind the seats to the amp, so i could always add a sub later. And leave the front two pairs of Speakers as they are. Is ths a good idea?

Iv got the orignal stereo in at the min so i have no idea how many rca connections its got (i will check the wkend) unless u know?

Sorry for all the questions & sorry if uv explained it already but i really have no idea about this sort of stuff lol.

Lee

lol good deal then really

no worrys about all the questions i was the same a while back

well if you want to make the best of sound possible then you can add all Speakers to the good amp which will mean better sound and also means bypassing the standard amps.

depends if you want to make it sound better and take the door cards off

with a standard stereo i doubt it has rca outputs but im not sure but your best bet is to get and alpine Headunit which you can pick up a good one for under the £150 and then will sound awesome

i now finished my sound setup and replaced everything and sounds super

any other questions feel free to ask

andy

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links