Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

6 Speakers ?

legend

tswx206detailpage5jv.th.jpg

subwoofer fitted ! it sounds aweful! never tought it would be that loud and i mean LOUD :thumbsup: maybe put anotherone when i have enough money (2 is better than 1) B) and there will still be some space left

GENIUS

ABSOLUTE GENIUS

it sounds awful cos its loud so ur gonna put another one in.

How do you come up with these ideas

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I can't believe people are seriously gonna put Subs in an Aygo. I've seen the boot of an Aygo, where the hell are u gonna put it.

Its bad enough seeing people in crappy nova's with stupid bass coming from their subs but i will actually die laughing if i heard it coming from an Aygo.

Don't get me wrong. Aygo's are nice little cars. But what your gonna do to it is hilarious

:boxing: Is this what yóu say or is this the opinion of your wife... :P

a1.jpg

you also got lupo drivers who drive this kind of lupo and driver who drive the standard dull one...

vw-lupo-2004-800x467.jpg

Can't you get the factory sub??

You can get it for most of the other range.

I got it in my Corolla. Its perfect. not too loud, just a good rich bass.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tommygun

• BadBoyVTEC

• aygo vvti

• Pug Bug

GENIUS

ABSOLUTE GENIUS

I can't believe people are seriously gonna put Subs in an Aygo. I've seen the boot of an Aygo, where the hell are u gonna put it.

Its bad enough seeing people in crappy nova's with stupid bass coming from their subs but i will actually die laughing if i heard it coming from an Aygo.

Don't get me wrong. Aygo's are nice little cars. But what your gonna do to it is hilarious

a1.jpg

you also got lupo drivers who drive this kind of lupo and driver who drive the standard dull one...

vw-lupo-2004-800x467.jpg

you would buy 3 of what i bought with the price of a factory sub :ffs: :ffs: :ffs:

GENIUS

ABSOLUTE GENIUS

a1.jpg

vw-lupo-2004-800x467.jpg

you would buy 3 of what i bought with the price of a factory sub :ffs: :ffs: :ffs:

maybe, but it fits under the seat and supplies the perfect amount of bass.

doesn't take up half the boot and sound "Awful"

It depends what your looking for in your sub though. Like I was looking for something loud, but wouldn't vibrate the windows of shops as I pass by. If your looking for a sub like something from a home cinema system (sound quality wise) then the factory one is probably best. Though I think models of the Aygo plus and upwards should come with the sub as standard as they promote the sound so much. However personal preference at the end of the day.

It depends what your looking for in your sub though. Like I was looking for something loud, but wouldn't vibrate the windows of shops as I pass by. If your looking for a sub like something from a home cinema system (sound quality wise) then the factory one is probably best. Though I think models of the Aygo plus and upwards should come with the sub as standard as they promote the sound so much. However personal preference at the end of the day.

Yes they really should come ready with sub in!

Wilmot the sound is loud but the car is so sound proof that you can hardly hear it with the windows up! The Pioneer sub takes only 1/3 of the boot and it has really clear bass i know its not as punchy as the kickers but 2 of them would sound really swt :thumbsup:

Wilmot the sound is loud but the car is so sound proof that you can hardly hear it with the windows up! The Pioneer sub takes only 1/3 of the boot and it has really clear bass i know its not as punchy as the kickers but 2 of them would sound really swt :thumbsup:

EH???

I'm guessing you mean that you can hardly hear it from the outside with the windows up.

I got the sub for ME. To make the music sound better for ME.

Not so i can be a %$(ing chav driving about.

Do you know how many people actually laugh when they see a car going past with ridiculous bass. About 80%, the other 20% wear tracksuits, tons of fake gold and say 'init' at the end of every sentence.

EH???

I'm guessing you mean that you can hardly hear it from the outside with the windows up.

I got the sub for ME. To make the music sound better for ME.

Not so i can be a %$(ing chav driving about.

Do you know how many people actually laugh when they see a car going past with ridiculous bass. About 80%, the other 20% wear tracksuits, tons of fake gold and say 'init' at the end of every sentence.

Boo Yah! Jacked, yeah what innit!

• 2 weeks later...

I like this topic because it's got divided opinions so I thought I'd add my own.

Installing any form of ICE into your car is ultimately YOUR decision. Some people think it's pointless whilst others see the benefits.

Personally I will be upgrading all of the standard Speakers to high quality/high output Speakers and will be considering installing an 8 or 10 inch sub along with an amp. Not because I want to drive past the Local Sevice Station with a ridiculous noise emanating from my car, but because I appreciate music.

The average studio recorded track could have 50+ layers of sound in it and by increasing the amount of Treble, Mid and Bass your Speakers can produce, along with improving the quality of sound you will find you get a fuller, richer sound.

There is a delicate art to producing high quality and balanced sound in a car (as anywhere; at home,at a gig,ina studio). You have to improve ALL output devices (Not just stick a sub in the boot) and use an equalizer to find the balance of Bass, Mid and Treble. Also altering the power to each set of speakers pays dividends as you can actually raise and lower where the sound is heard from and in turn find the 'Perfect Listening Experience'.

However it all depends on what music you listen to.Bass driven music like Hip-Hop, Dance etc will obviously benefit from increased bass and a lower sound level (not volume).Whereas Mid/Treble based music like Heavy Metal (More my cup of Tea) or even Classical Music will require a blend of treble and mid with a dash of bass.

Lets be honest, the standard speakers in the Aygo are pretty poor and seem to give a tinny sound with no bass or mid to balance it out so if you want you music to sound like the Artist truly intended then improve your speakers. If you're not bothered, leave them as they are.

The choice.....is yours

achterbak.jpg

this is it, only planning to put the amp "somewhere" :P :blink: if I find a free spot :P

achterbak.jpg

this is it, only planning to put the amp "somewhere" :P :blink: if I find a free spot :P

between the two Speakers? :huh:

:P tried that allready, but it's a little to big for there... :D

between the two speakers? :huh:

:P tried that allready, but it's a little to big for there... :D

Keep it between the subs and put it on a slightly raised (and maybe angled) base so that wiring can be tucked under then run to the back of the rear seats keeping it all tidy. Do it right and it can give the illusion of the amp "floating" in mid air. You may be able to do something similar with any Capacitor or other ancillaries such as crossovers on either side. Some small neons under the bases to complete the floating effect and your all the way, will impress the cruisers down the local supermarket car park at the weekend ;)

Of course with two subs your system will sound way way over bassed (I'm into quality and not quantity) - I reckon a small 6" or 8" sub in a properly sealed box with correct amping will be perfect for the size of the Aygo. You can upgrade the standard Speakers too but then doing the job properly will mean changing the CD player - Upgrades to parts such as Speakers can show up defficiences in others so often the easiest and most effective way of improving the sound is to add a single sub and let the rest of the system deal with the mids and highs making them more efficient/effective.

One thing I always say though is that it's YOUR money and YOUR ears so do what YOU like. :thumbsup:

Well in first place: I love rave, so there is no such thing as "over-based" :D

QUOTE: "will impress the cruisers down the local supermarket car park at the weekend :D" :P :fishyface:

QUOTE: "will impress the cruisers down the local supermarket car park at the weekend :D" :P :fishyface:

im with you Tommy :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

im with you Tommy :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

:clap::gora::toot:

Great idea bout the amp :)

Looks great and I know the car is red but I think it would look better with a grey carpeting. How long did it take you to make the box? and does it lift out easily (in case you need to get to the spare wheel)?

I hope that that the magnetic forces of the woofers doesn't bother the amp... :blink:

I hope that that the magnetic forces of the woofers doesn't bother the amp... :blink:

no it will not tommy :thumbsup:

tommystereo1.jpg

tommystereo2.jpg

:thumbsup: ahyeah B)

I did the amp the way you guys said and check out how it looks!

I put the carpet through the whole trunk

That looks great Tommy i wish i had some of your skills!

It's very easy to make, it's all about the wright tools. Normaly I can't switch a lightbowl :P

I can fit light bulbs but then i only need my hands for that. I will have to get some good tools and then have a go. My woodwork skills always used to be quite good at school.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links