Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Interior Trim Paint....

Karma Supra

Has anyone here used any???? is it ok??? I may need some to colour code the trims around the rear windows and B pillars (I want smooth seatbeltless JDM ones, but to match my black interior)...

On the other hand I am wary about colour coding plastic!!! I want it to look factory, not gash and DIY'd!!!

Does anyone have any experaince of it??? I am worried how it will react to temperature, moisute etc (ins for the aerotop!!!!)

http://www.usautomotive.co.uk/store/script...p?idproduct=482

I am thinking of using this stuff!!!

never used the stuff myself mate. but nver fancied the look of it. cos i always see it on chavmobiles. oh btw the link is dead

This is what worries me :lol:

I have never seen it used well, and it is usualy in chav mobiles as you say...

unfortunately I am trying to put a mega mega rare late spec black interior into a mega rare early spec supra, and want to keep the clean looking jap style "lap belts" (as the "proper" rear setbelts clutter up the rear window)..

I don't want to put the black rear trims in with the "full" seat belts, but I don't want holes where the seatbelts should be either, so my best option is to use the stock smooth grey trim, and try and colour code it to match the rest of the stuff.... however if it doesn't look absolutely perfect and stock.... it will annoy me far more then the ugly uk spec seatbelts :lol::lol:

Rear seatbelts in a supra are academic anyway, as no one can fit in the back in such a position to actually wear them anyway :lol::lol:

I want the painted trim not to look painted at all, but like stock "natural" dark grey/black plastic.... and I want the finish to last! Its no good looking great, then the first time I leave it in the sun with the roof off it all flakes off or fades lol

Link fixed ;)

Can you get hold of another piece of trim to practise on/try out?

Atleast that way you will be able to see the results and be happy before you go ahead on the car itself.

That is what I am going to try and do anyway..... but its not the easiest bit of trim to get hold of!!!!!

Surely any piece of trim will do..... so long as it has the same texture.... you will propably need to use an undercoat first though....

Oh and leave it in the sun for atleast 2-4 weeks afterwards to see if it fades.....

There used to be a mr2 near us that had all the dash work + door panels done, looked realy well only thing was that it cost him a mint to do as he had to use loads of the stuff.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links