Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Radiator Dies ... In Goes The New One

clarky

The missus arrived home the other day and I noticed some vapour drifting under the car ... not good. Quick inpection but nothing obvious...

Next morning get a phonecall by 9am - the MR2 has made it to her office (10 miles away) but water is running out of rad, mmm not good. Phone Adrian Flux Rescue who were there within an hour and had the car trailored back to home even if my missus did have her eyes closed when it was driven onto the flatbed - lowered cars and flatbeds are not good!

10am started to speak to my local toyota dealer.. 'we can supply a refurbished for x or a new one for y, but you have to give is the old one back either way and the total price including fitting will be z'. Not good, so a quick call to envy and I discover that I can have a reconned rad by the next day (still need to send the old one back, but envy will arrange pickup).

So after a quick looky I speak to Earpl and we make plans to do it on friday night. Friday night I get home and take off plastic cover and start on removing the brackets - say 7pm. Earpl turns up and apart from the fact that it rapidly getting dark we had the old one out by 8am and the new one in by 9pm. Topped off with coolant this morning and we're all back to normal.

So this is an offical thankyou to Earpl and Kevin at Envy - they're both stars

Good stuff :thumbsup:

I hope you guys did a little more with the coolant than just topping it up :unsure:

nah.not much comes out of the hoses cause of the set up on the mkII so just filled the rad up & worked out any air in the system :)

oh + lorne guess what i did today!!!! put a new rad in that nissan :P

never stop me laddy

The coolant had been changed completely a few weeks before, in the end it still took a full 5 litres of new coolant to get back to full capacity.

Weird but Im convinced the car feels livelier as a consequence - would the lack of efficient cooling over time cause it to restrict performance or is it all in the mind?

The coolant had been changed completely a few weeks before, in the end it still took a full 5 litres of new coolant to get back to full capacity.

Weird but Im convinced the car feels livelier as a consequence - would the lack of efficient cooling over time cause it to restrict performance or is it all in the mind?

its possible, if the blocks running hotter than ideal conditions due to a poor cooling system then you could potential run into problems with knock as the insides are too hot etc....

a cool engine is a happy engine :yes:

Well the main thing is that its running properly now ... Jaxx mate rumour has it that you're all 3G'd up!?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links