Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

1/4 Drag Tips

jay dh

i know track attack isnt for 3 weeks (to the day) but while im thinking of it ill make this post.

ive not done the 1/4 mile before, ive watched it a fair few times but i never thought to watch for tips, guidelines, do's and dont's etc.

i do know some details such as its over a 1/4 mile :P, dont stall B) and you put pedal to metal :thumbsup:. please could those in the know post details up such as suggested revs when waiting for the green light? is there an order to come back to the start? eg, winner goes 1st, etc etc.

cheers

Jay

run + join the back of the line :) + im not telling you anything :P trade secrets ;)

personally im not running at track attack, i'd rarther save it for the pod, better surface etc. + i only trust pod timing :) mate of mine went to an event with mobile timing and pulled 15.4 secs in his standard VTR over a couple of runs, but he's never been bellow 16.7 at santapod.......

I find it is best to start slow and get a good start - if you over rev the engine (have done so many times in the past) you will look like a fool wasting time and good rubber bouncing up and down on the start line.

Another thing is keep going until you are a good couple of seconds past the finish markers - I have seen so many people pulling up too early - at the pod there is loads of run off space.. floor it until you can see the finish markers in your rear mirror.

Hope this helps.

By the way - I will be at Santa pod most weekends until the end of the year.

lower the tyre pressure of your front tyres... feather the throttle.. and if you get multiple runs.. each time your on.. try different shift patterns.. you will find that some work better than others.

Also.. forget about your opposition.. its you against the clock :yes::thumbsup:

is quarter drag only wearing a little amount of womens clothes? ;)

In your circle of friends.. yes

Point down strip.....

Press go pedal.

Drag racing in a an auto supra is too easy :lol:

feather the throttle..

i guess that means gentle on the throttle while idle?

cheers for the tips

personally im not running at track attack, i'd rarther save it for the pod, better surface etc. + i only trust pod timing :) mate of mine went to an event with mobile timing and pulled 15.4 secs in his standard VTR over a couple of runs, but he's never been bellow 16.7 at santapod.......

Santa pod isn't better for car's with street tyre's on, it's surface help's drag car's with slick's on and that isn't you yet :P

At a airfield you will get more grip which equal's less wheelspin at the start hence better time's and the timing equipment is the same as Santa pod btw, mobile timing pah :chair::jerry:

At a airfield you will get more grip which equal's less wheelspin at the start hence better time's

Exactly :thumbsup: Plus, hopefully it will be dry :D

Paul.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links