Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Celica Gt4

pugdriver

Hi people

I am after as much information as i can get on the GT4. I currently drive a 306 Gti6, not a bad car, but i want a Jap Turbo now! I am getting bored and want a Turbo!!

I am looking at either a scoobie WRX STi, Nissan 200SX, Nissan Skyline R33 (r34 are still out my price range!!) And thats about it I think - maybe a few others but i cant think at the moment!!

So what i am after is as much info as poss, Running costs, repair costs, servicing costs, performance, 0-60 time, etc etc etc.

Any help would be very much appreciated. I have seen some GT4's around and really like the look of them, but like i said do not know much about them. Looking at M - reg ish

Cheers

Peeps

Ryan

Perhaps this would be better posted in the Celica forum where there may be people who dont visit general with GT4's who havent seen this? ;)

Yeah i reckon best posting it in the Celica forum, as theres a few people on there with GT4's and i think theres a few threads already on the GT4, I'm sure you'll get a lot of help there.

Hi people

I am after as much information as i can get on the GT4. I currently drive a 306 Gti6, not a bad car, but i want a Jap Turbo now! I am getting bored and want a Turbo!!

I am looking at either a scoobie WRX STi, Nissan 200SX, Nissan Skyline R33 (r34 are still out my price range!!) And thats about it I think - maybe a few others but i cant think at the moment!!

So what i am after is as much info as poss, Running costs, repair costs, servicing costs, performance, 0-60 time, etc etc etc.

Any help would be very much appreciated. I have seen some GT4's around and really like the look of them, but like i said do not know much about them. Looking at M - reg ish

Cheers

Peeps

Ryan

sorry mate, as has been said, asking about the running costs is probably best in the Celica forum, plus quite a few members are off to the ring as we speak, so its a tad quiet around here...

Thats an interesting range of cars you have listed...

I take it it is the GTS (or GTT) skyline? you wont get a R33 GTR for the price of a GT4/200SX. It will also be the most expensive to run (even the GTS), service and maintain.

If you are worried about costs, i would cross the Skyline off the list.

The Nissan is great RWD turbo fun, and a good car, just make sure you get one with a good service history and has been well maintained, and watch out for the big end...

The scooby is probably the most direct competitor to the GT4 - personally i detese the engine noise, they always sound like the are misfiring, and they are so common, i'd even go as far to say they are the latest 'chav chariot'..

So my opinion, its between the 200SX or GT4, and then it comes down to whether you want your coupe to be a RWD drift machine, or 4WD rally monster?

Hi people

Cheers

Peeps

Ryan

sorry mate, as has been said, asking about the running costs is probably best in the Celica forum, plus quite a few members are off to the ring as we speak, so its a tad quiet around here...

Thats an interesting range of cars you have listed...

I take it it is the GTS (or GTT) skyline? you wont get a R33 GTR for the price of a GT4/200SX. It will also be the most expensive to run (even the GTS), service and maintain.

If you are worried about costs, i would cross the Skyline off the list.

The Nissan is great RWD turbo fun, and a good car, just make sure you get one with a good service history and has been well maintained, and watch out for the big end...

The scooby is probably the most direct competitor to the GT4 - personally i detese the engine noise, they always sound like the are misfiring, and they are so common, i'd even go as far to say they are the latest 'chav chariot'..

So my opinion, its between the 200SX or GT4, and then it comes down to whether you want your coupe to be a RWD drift machine, or 4WD rally monster?

Yeah i think the Skyline is a bit extreme!!! Just thought i would add it to the list anyway!! I have searched for the 200sx as well and they seem to be quite rare.

Cheers for the advice i will start a thread in the celica part then - sorry!

no worries mate...

look for a 180sx as well as the 200... there are plenty about, but you are after specalist cars, so your going to have to travel to get a good one.

what sort of budget have you got?

no worries mate...

look for a 180sx as well as the 200... there are plenty about, but you are after specalist cars, so your going to have to travel to get a good one.

Well i can't afford to buy one yet - i want to have about 6k when i start looking hard to buy! I have noticed this travelling thing!! All the really nice ones i have seen are up north!!

What sort of price should i be looking to pay for a decent one??

I love the noise that scoobies make, thats the best bit. I would have thought you could get alot newer 200SX than a GT4 but both very nice but as Im in the Toyota stage of my life I would say a nice GT4 cant be beaten!

Cheers for the advice i will start a thread in the celica part then - sorry!

No problem, just thought it would be the best thing for you so you can get the advice you need ;)

no worries mate...

where u live if there plenty of 180s about

180s are rare they are all jap imports and the majority hav ethe sr20 lump whihc in reality is a bit pony nissan built it on a budget the ca lump is the better one if a bit unreliable

if u want one buy one now before fnf 3 comes out prices are already creeping up

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links